Naked Bike ride in Southampton

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
This happened on friday:

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/8215590.Naked_bike_riders_set_for_return/

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/8216157.Naked_cyclists_hit_city_streets_again/

Funny how LOTs of people seemed to be in support of it, yet you get one or two people going "MY EYES!! MY EYES!! WONT SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!":laugh:

What do they think will happen, some kind of crash followed by people bits becoming accidentally entangled in coitus? :wacko:

Then some plonker leaves this:
Pathetic! They would soon moan if their chains needed oiling. Get back and live in caves where you belong. Go ride down the Avenue, there are lots of cracks on that also

My reply was how chains dont need crude oil to work, we can use butter or plant oils. His reply: "Go live in a cave then you sad tw@t"

Charming. Given the attitude of many drivers here I think we should have a massive congestion zone implemented and immediate retest for all. :biggrin::laugh:

Cyclist33

Considering So'ton seemed to have easily the highest %age of hot totty per head of population of any English city when I lived there, I would think this would be an excellent event!

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Cyclist33 said:
Considering So'ton seemed to have easily the highest %age of hot totty per head of population of any English city when I lived there, I would think this would be an excellent event!

Sadly none of the Polish girls would partake in such an event. :biggrin:

errrmmm.... pardon me if I continue my cycling activities fully-clothed! :smile:

Beaches are an altogether different matter. Indeed I was living in Brighton back in 1979 at the time when Britain's first-ever official naturist beach was established. In the face of bitter opposition, notably from former Brighton mayor John Blackman, who argued that it would bring the perverts flocking into Brighton, and drive away Brighton's traditional family visitors.

He was proved wrong. The beach is still there, and flourishing (AFAIK :sad:).

But beaches are a different thing. They're for sunbathing and swimming, both activities which necessitate some degree of stripping off. You'll pardon me if I say, I don't think cycling falls into that category. All that happens, is the little-Englanders on the tabloids who already have a go at us collectively, about being 'weirdo sandal-wearing muesli-munching yoghurt-knitters' (or whatever the expression is) have an absolute beanfeast! I personally would not give them the ammunition.

So enjoy yourselves those who want to go on these sort of events, but don't expect me to endorse them! Argue the toss with me if you like! I don't compare myself to the esteemed Mr Blackman whom I referred to.

battered

Guru
Think you are right Pete. I'm sure it's good fun and very liberating to pedal down the road in the nud, but I don't think it helps the image of cycling and does as you say provide ammo for the anti-cycling lobby who are only too happy to label us as tree-hugging yogurt knitting hippies with no grasp of reality.

Matthames

Über Member
It was not just Southampton, the reason I was up in London yesterday was to ride the naked bike ride up there. I also did the Brighton one today. The London one didn't have any police providing a rolling road block as in previous years. So we had people corking the junctions. In Brighton we had the police giving us a rolling road block.

jonesy

Guru
But what is it for...?

dragon72

Guru
Matthames said:
It was not just Southampton, the reason I was up in London yesterday was to ride the naked bike ride up there. I also did the Brighton one today. The London one didn't have any police providing a rolling road block as in previous years. So we had people corking the junctions. In Brighton we had the police giving us a rolling road block.

I might have seen you today in Brighton. But I was very much distracted by the ladies.

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
jonredhornet said:
Did you join in DF? :smile:

LOL nah, it takes place during my shift. Personally its not my cuppa, I just find it funny.:biggrin:

661-Pete said:
errrmmm.... pardon me if I continue my cycling activities fully-clothed! :rofl:

Beaches are an altogether different matter. Indeed I was living in Brighton back in 1979 at the time when Britain's first-ever official naturist beach was established. In the face of bitter opposition, notably from former Brighton mayor John Blackman, who argued that it would bring the perverts flocking into Brighton, and drive away Brighton's traditional family visitors.

He was proved wrong. The beach is still there, and flourishing (AFAIK :smile:).

But beaches are a different thing. They're for sunbathing and swimming, both activities which necessitate some degree of stripping off. You'll pardon me if I say, I don't think cycling falls into that category. All that happens, is the little-Englanders on the tabloids who already have a go at us collectively, about being 'weirdo sandal-wearing muesli-munching yoghurt-knitters' (or whatever the expression is) have an absolute beanfeast! I personally would not give them the ammunition.

So enjoy yourselves those who want to go on these sort of events, but don't expect me to endorse them! Argue the toss with me if you like! I don't compare myself to the esteemed Mr Blackman whom I referred to.

Each to their own I suppose. This isnt about nudity, this is about the naked truth of oil dependency and vulnerability of cyclists. I personally think that we're an outgroup as it is, going naked for an hour aint gonna change the idiots minds but may provide others with the impression that we're not these "serious minded lycra louts" they might have thought. They might even see it as fun.

Kirst

Edinburgh police said they'd arrest anyone participating naked. One bloke commenting on the newspaper website said he couldn't do it naked in case he got his bits caught in the chain.

I'm trying to track him down.

Top Bottom