Naked Liz.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Very nice, i've just replaced the dreadful Oryx cantis on mine with v-brakes, much better.

Funny enough, I've just taken my front CR720s off in favour of Oryx.

Key is to junk the included link wire & use a proper straddle, set LOW (mine's clamp bolt is about level with the lower headset cup). Much more power, although have to be gapped fairly close to the rim.

OP
OP
dubman

dubman

Guru
Revolution "Adventure" panniers? I have a set of those, they're nice.

You could do with tweaking the mudguard line a bit (imo) - a long bolt & some spacers will take the rear one closer to your tyre along the downtube. Mine lost its rack when I began commuting on it;

4487880292_d3020ae98e.jpg
LHT sans rack 2 by John the Monkey, on Flickr

what's your front mudflap there? Oh, and we both have the Crane Bell "Suzu", I see...

I love the Olive of mine, but the Truckaccino is so classy - nice bike!

Hi John , yes the mudguards are a bit out because i set them to the orignal tyres , ive since just switched to a smaller profile marathon + , so yes they do need a tweek. The mudflaps are both Brooks leather ones.

Cheers Pete.

OP
OP
dubman

dubman

Guru
Funny enough, I've just taken my front CR720s off in favour of Oryx.

Key is to junk the included link wire & use a proper straddle, set LOW (mine's clamp bolt is about level with the lower headset cup). Much more power, although have to be gapped fairly close to the rim.

Alot of people do seem to moan about Oryx brakes , cant say ive ever had a problem either, can easily lock up the wheels if i wished.

Top Bottom