Name and shame bad roads to cycle on

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That's 2 less for me to report next time i'm along Delamere way then ^_^
certainly - actually with my OH out tonight I have reported 6 - got carried away I know... and then I'm out again tomorrow so that will be 2 more. regreftully they have 'rejected' my report for our lane - probably because the lane is incorrect on maps at our end showing it going a different route to the one it actually does and they won't have it shown on their map! Lets see how long they actually take to deal with them though - that will be more interesting!

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
This is the worst part of my commute: https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=e...=ZyXon8G4CG2chwBqmAvw2w&cbp=12,274.16,,1,3.97
A cycle lane that slaloms through parking spaces and lamp posts. I have to contend with people who park and then have their fishing rods right across the path.
I often avoid doing the actual slalom and just make my own route through the parking spaces.

We are fortunate in having some of the best roads in the country, but then we have one of the highest council taxes and light traffic. My better half reported a pothole last week and it was repaired 24 hrs later. Certainly we can tell the difference as soon as we cross county borders, Lincolnshire and Cheshire stand out as particularly bad.

OK - I have to say I am pretty impressed with Cheshire West & Chester.
I logged about 10 potholes/grid issues last week. 1 of my pothole reports has been rejected (probably because the mapping is wrong and shows it as not being on a road that is actually there and it is a very quiet country lane), 1 has been rejected as not a pothole but escalated to the road inspector (bad section of road needing new tarmac for 200metres or so) and all of the others I have logged have either been repaired or are scheduled to be repaired tomorrow.

I even cycled passed one today that was in the process of being repaired, thinking "I did that" - well caused the repair at least.... so i am suitably impressed.
Shall have to see if the ones scheduled for repair get done tomorrow.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
We got a form from the council asking "Which Potholes woul;d you like repaired?" I sent it back with the reply "All of them."

Top Bottom