Name of a part wanted please.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

midlife

Guru
In this case beer vouchers outweigh Karma :smile:. I worked in Manchester for years and my beloved Astra GTE ended up not far from you having been chased by plod in the 70's

Shaun

I needed some of those myself a while ago and managed to win an eBay auction for a bag containing a dozen of them for less than it would have cost to buy two from a shop!

I now have 10 remaining in the bag that I will probably never use, so if you want to PM me your address Compo I'd be more than happy to stick a couple in the post to you

They look like this:

View attachment 86847
@compo This is the real McCoy. Take up Steve's offer. And yes when you have the real thing like this, the screw head goes on the outside, the spring on the inside and the nice little knurled stopper against the axle.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
@compo This is the real McCoy. Take up Steve's offer. And yes when you have the real thing like this, the screw head goes on the outside, the spring on the inside and the nice little knurled stopper against the axle.
No they don't the screw goes in from inside the dropout with the spring inside the dropout then the knurled adjuster nut goes on the end.
But @Steve Malkin If there are any spare could I have one, the knurled adjuster nut is missing on one of my bikes

midlife

Guru
OlmoGPBlueFFDropRear.jpg

Like above :smile:

Shaun

midlife

Guru
As mentioned, I'd like a pair please

Shaun

I am not sure if I should be embarrassed or confused. With the knurled knob on the outside, it just comes loose when I turn to adjust. With the screw head on the outside, I can adjust it with the wheel in place (obviously only against hand pressure and with skewer loose). I'm thus intrigued to know what holds the knurled head onto the screw so that it doesn't turn?

Top Bottom