Name that frame.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yvs24

Hi all. I'm hoping that someone may be able to help me identify the frame pictured. As you can see it is raw unpainted aluminium and the only markings I can find on it are an id number in the usual spot under the bottom bracket, a faintly etched 7005 and an even fainter logo which I don't recognise (I will try and post a picture of this if possible and if not will post a drawing of it, it is a pretty simple shape, may not get around to doing so until tonight as I am out now and the bike is at home). It was sold to me described as a Saracen and did not have the rear derailleur hanger, I didn't think this was too big a deal as it was very cheap. Having now got a Saracen compatible hanger though I begin to doubt that it is that make as whilst I can make the derailleur hanger fit and gear changing is fine the fit is not perfect and slightly obstructs my ability to remove the rear wheel other than by completely removing the skewer. I'd like to get the right hanger so I can sell the bike and move on to a new project so all suggestions are welcome.

Thanks in advance !
Neil.

OP
OP
yvs24

yvs24

There's no way I can photograph the logo so I've attempted to draw something similar. On the side of the top tube are two rectangular boxes which appear to be mirror images of each other. The top one is as per the picture I'll attach but I'm no artist and should have put the pyramid type outline central in the rectangular box. Also the sides of the triangle (in effect) are not straight but slightly concavely bent inwards.

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
here is a pic

OP
OP
yvs24

yvs24

Thanks Steve Austin - looks spot on that it is an Easton ! Now I'll try and track down a hanger and hopefully it will fit. :wacko:

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
I had a lot of trouble finding a replacement hanger for mine. Try BETD as they might be able to make you one if you can't find a stock one

Top Bottom