Name two things that it's physically impossible to do at the same time ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
I don't think that the Segway Company owner was smiling when he rode his Segway off the top of a cliff and was fatally injured.

They've got a Segway track set up at the Railway Museum, for some reason, a little course between inflatable sides, with posters showing grinning folk blurred as if by great speed. Time before last when I was there, there were a couple of rather bored looking boys going round at about 8mph.

Last time I was there, a couple of weeks back, there was no one on it at all....

I imagine once you've done two laps of a short track, under orders not to overtake or speed or anything actually fun, the novelty wears off.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I don't think that the Segway Company owner was smiling when he rode his Segway off the top of a cliff and was fatally injured.
I remember checking out where it happened. It's a bit exposed just there isn't it! Walk (or Segway!) past the tree and you are falling to your death ...

It reminds me of a mountain bike ride with some pals last summer ...

We had just ridden up a steep lane from Walsden near Todmorden when one of my friends tried to dismount and fell over. It turned out that he'd lost a bolt from one of his SPD cleats so he couldn't unclip.

We stopped at a bench at the side of the road to wait for the others to catch up. I levered his foot out of the pedal with an allen key and we tightened the one remaining cleat bolt as much as we could.

He was sitting on the seat and I was wandering in front of him and facing the road. Suddenly, he shouted at me ...

"Colin - do NOT step back!"

"Er, why not?"

"Because there is a 60 ft drop behind you!"

"Sheeeeeeeeet!"

No fence, no warning sign. It was a case of Heath & Safety gone mad the other way!

Take a look! :eek:

Take note of the grit bin. Imagine coming down that lane and hitting black ice on the bend ... :eek:

PaulB

Legendary Member
See Man Ure lose a significant football match and not be filled with the most blessed sense of bliss encompassing your very soul.

Cubist

Still wavin'
Scuba dive and light a Swan Vesta match.

There's a blockhouse at 50 metres in a flooded quarry in Leicestershire. You dive down into it and the accumulated air of many divers has created an airspace in the roof of the blockhouse. Last time I went it was full of cigarette smoke. The compression effect at 50 metres would wreak havoc on your blood gas levels anyway, still less introducing carbon monoxide et al to the mix. Silly bastards!

To be at Loftus Road to see my team promoted this afternoon...at the same time as being on standby, ready to take my pregnant wife (now 39 weeks gone) to St. Michael's in Bristol...

Top Bottom