names on frames

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kedab

Veteran
should this remain a pro only thing, or a is just a touch of bike personalisation that one shouldn't read too much in to?
i may or may not have just ordered some decals for one or more of my bikes and i may or may not be applying said decals to said bikes in the next few days :whistle:
having said that, i wouldn't get a sticker for me jam jar with me handle on it and plaster that all over it...but it's only teeny tiny on the bike so it's not like i'm gonna look like a complete nobber, is it? :shy:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
should this remain a pro only thing, or a is just a touch of bike personalisation that one shouldn't read too much in to?
i may or may not have just ordered some decals for one or more of my bikes and i may or may not be applying said decals to said bikes in the next few days :whistle:
having said that, i wouldn't get a sticker for me jam jar with me handle on it and plaster that all over it...but it's only teeny tiny on the bike so it's not like i'm gonna look like a complete nobber, is it? :shy:
Depends if you plan to keep the bike for a long time or sell it on in the near future, it could affect saleability if they are hard to get off.
i do like the idea of them though !

I think if it floats your boat to have your name on your bicycle, then you should put your name on it.

But beware of rash and sudden decisions. I did it the other way around - and changed my name to match my bicycle.

Three years ago I changed my name to Pinarello by deed poll, but last week I bought a Claud Butler to replace the lightweight Italian racer, so now I feel a bit of a fool.

My birth name was Claud Butler, which makes it somehow even more tragic.

Sillyoldman

Veteran
I changed my name by deed poll to Surly Cross Check and saved a few quid. So glad I didn't buy a Troll! Seriously though why not if you fancy it.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
[QUOTE 2510492, member: 30090"]As a side note did anyone ever remember the BMX rider from Oz who raced at the Beijing Olympics in 2008?
If memory serves he changed his name by deed pole to 'Kamikaze'. Needless to say I think he crashed in his opening round.[/quote]
Did he then move on to mountain bikes and go off On-One?

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
I think if it floats your boat to have your name on your bicycle, then you should put your name on it.

But beware of rash and sudden decisions. I did it the other way around - and changed my name to match my bicycle.

Three years ago I changed my name to Pinarello by deed poll, but last week I bought a Claud Butler to replace the lightweight Italian racer, so now I feel a bit of a fool.

My birth name was Claud Butler, which makes it somehow even more tragic.
Just as well you didn't ride a Cove Handjob or Stiffee then isn't it.............

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
........... so it's not like i'm gonna look like a complete nobber, is it? :shy:

The majority of the people on this forum are middle aged men who own more lyrca tights than their children, We generally have a physique which is best described as a work in progress, not to mention we are often seen sweating more than a BBC presenter visited by the police.... your probably asking the wrong people if your going to look a certain way :becool:
Do what you want, Do what makes you smile...... Everyone looks awesome with a smile.​

matthat

Über Member
Or just buy a bike pre pimped!!
IMAG1013.jpg

I was between 2 or 3 Mtb's around the same price bracket and the name sold it to me!! (amused me anyway):laugh:

Top Bottom