names on frames

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

green1

Über Member
The majority of the people on this forum are middle aged men who own more lyrca tights than their children, We generally have a physique which is best described as a work in progress, not to mention we are often seen sweating more than a BBC presenter visited by the police​
:laugh:

Genau

It's possibly not such a good idea for the more enthusiastic and vocal road warriors out there.

VamP

Banned
One of my bikes used to be ridden by Adam Hansen, and still has his name on the top tube. I kinda like it, a bit of history and all that.

I have had a few people at races call me Adam though :rolleyes:

I always wonder if they have no idea who Adam Hansen is, or if they think he's dropped in for a local crit ^_^

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
One of my bikes used to be ridden by Adam Hansen, and still has his name on the top tube. I kinda like it, a bit of history and all that.

I always wonder if they have no idea who Adam Hansen is, or if they think he's dropped in for a local crit ^_^

How did you end up with one of Lumpys frames? - what bike is it?

Ningishzidda

I went to a shop in Southwell about twenty years ago.
There was a white Peugeot stood against the wall. There was a name written on the top tube in black indellible marker pen.
It said " T. Simpson"

To save money on lettering, I'll put "Thoth" on my frame. ^_^

tiswas-steve

Über Member
Just noticed this thread and it made me laugh ....... I've just got my printer mate to make some up for me, stuck them on the top tube a wee bit away from the seat post. I think they look great, Sod what the bike snobs say !! ;)

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I have my forum name on my CC bike, when someone from work saw it they commented on how sad I was :blush:
havent felt the urge to put my name on other bikes though

What a guy!

All those League trophies... The Reds really were a winning machine back then and he was a key component.

How can anyone not know who he is?

"You'll win nothing with kids..." A legend.

RWright

Guru
I bought a bike used and the guy had put his name on it with some stickers, they peeled right off and just a little rubbing and the adhesive was gone. I was glad the sun had not faded the paint and left the name on it. :smile:

Top Bottom