Nasty cut - new tyre?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jj34567

Hi I just bought new Schwalbe Marathon plus 25c on front . And get this recently. Should I bin this tyre? I think we can see tube popping out here. Cut is around 1 cm.

I have also schwalbe marathon plus 28c on back of the same bike and it don’t have any cuts yet but front 25c have like 3 cuts already. Is it bad luck? Or 25c is not so sturdy as 28c? Thanks for any comments. Have a great day guys.

D

Deleted member 1258

I'd bin that, I wouldn't that to pop on me at speed.

vickster

Legendary Member
How many miles has it done? If very few might be worth discussing with retailer whether it could be faulty (if you can be bothered, otherwise just get a 28mm replacement)

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Unless you've been riding only in glass strewn urban settings, that's pretty poor for an M+. I'd get onto the retailer
agree its gone thru the protection band. very surprised it didnt pop the tube there and then.

silva

Über Member
weird cut, it's like it went over a knife laying at 90° - nothing that stayed in.
one may start to wonder if there's something sharp on your roads, anchored in concrete or asphalt, that you now and then ride over.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
weird cut, it's like it went over a knife laying at 90° - nothing that stayed in.
one may start to wonder if there's something sharp on your roads, anchored in concrete or asphalt, that you now and then ride over.
If it was both now and then surely there would be two cuts?:whistle:

OP
OP
jj34567

jj34567

^_^
Unless you've been riding only in glass strewn urban settings, that's pretty poor for an M+. I'd get onto the retailer
So it was after the big euro game on 11 Jul in London. There was a lot of broken glass near Trafalgar Square. I checked both tyres after that all was clean. And I get this flat after two hours from getting out of glass zone. Super wired. I never get flat tyre on front in around 3 years riding a lot in London. And only about 3 or 4 flat rear tyre in that 3 years. :becool: All on Schwalbe marathon plus.

Top Bottom