Nasty cut - new tyre?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
s/he didn’t say that initially

Reactions: C R
OP
OP
jj34567

jj34567

Ok I jus got new 23c gator skin. Staff member was very polite. I will keep that schwalbe as a spare :thumbsup: Thanks you all for pro advices.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Had a very noisy unplanned deflation event recently*. Loud bang followed by hiss. Back wheel, GP5000 tyre.
Turned out to be due to tube herniating through cut, similar to OP's, in sidewall/tread area.* Some weeks before had 2 nasty snake-bite punctures from sharp edged pothole - one pair from front edge, one from back, about 12" apart on tube, this may have caused cut, but I think more likely caused by riding the gravel on one of Sustrans fine cycle routes. I tried a thick patch on the inside of the tyre; when that didn't work added a tough fabric tyre boot - that couldn't take the pressure either. Replaced the tyre with Michelin Endurance V2.

*replaced the tube and got home safely, luckily.

silva

Über Member
My experience with the "M+", ceased using it in 2017, was that the blue compound made it easier for objects to stay in. 3 flats in half a year, on totally different roads, and had to pick out much more than with the old green compound, glass and little stones.
But cuts like the one on the pics of the OP,, are something completely else.
If I had such ones, and that frequent, I'd check if my neighbour has something to complain about.

Top Bottom