Nasty Near Miss Witnessed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'd report it - and looking closely the only one here that's definately in the wrong is the VW driver. The bus driver seems to have slowed to avoid an accident, the cyclist didn't see anyone!
+1

I think a troll (Breaker Morant) is winding you up:stop:
I beg your pardon.

Just because people refuse to jump on the band wagon and see all cyclists as victims that does not make them a troll, if that is the default point of view held then why bother discussing it on the board at all if you come up with the same answer every time?

It's like reading the transcript of some pathetic online show trial.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
...and of course breaker's point about us refusing to blame cyclists for anything is easily disproved in a quick browse of any of the video topics. Troll, I also think.

Any of the video topics?

As far as I can tell I have only ever commented in this thread.

If Bentmikey wants to tell lies then it's off to admin I shall go.

I think you're a troll because you apportioned blame to the parties who had done nothing whatsoever wrong. That's not a matter of opinion, it's a matter of fact.
They were all at fault.

The fact that the term "boy racer" was used from the very first post did not bode well for the impartial nature of the thread.

dawesome

bentmikey's quite correct, you implied the "default position" here is to see cyclists as victims all the time.

You are quite wrong.

You're posting rubbish that isn't true.

potsy

Rambler
See this quite a lot at a junction near where I work, car turning right decides he's not waiting for the oncoming traffic to pass and tries to 'jump' the lights as soon as they start to change.
Can't see how anybody but the driver is at fault.

Only minor thing I would say ,as others have is the cyclist going up the inside of the bus, not something I would have done personally :headshake:

ferret fur

Only minor thing I would say ,as others have is the cyclist going up the inside of the bus, not something I would have done personally

Looked at this several times & can't see him doing this. I think he is just stopped in front of the bus with his foot on the pavement.

Then again I thought Mario Balotelli's backheel was accidental.....

OP
OP
Jezston

Jezston

Über Member
I need to have a proper look at the source again - apologies, meant to do that today but got busy. I think he's quite far to the left which could the impression of undercutting the bus, but I'm pretty sure even if he did, he was stationary and had his foot down and was in front of the bus before the lights changed.

I don't think Breaker Morant is trolling, but I am curious as to how he got the impression from that short, heavily compressed, relatively low res video that the cyclist did what he believes he did.

Upon advice of the copper commenter here, and a friend in the Met, sent an email to the local police, then get a call from a traffic officer. He thanked me for bringing it to his attention, however having asked around the police hadn't had any complaints from the potential near-victims themselves. If I want to proceed, it would be ME making a complaint towards the driver.

I guess I need weigh up what may be gained from doing so. Part of me feels it could be a big struggle for potentially no gain over something that isn't really a big deal. Another part of me feels that if he goes on to do something and someone gets hurt, I could have prevented it.

subaqua

What’s the point
I need to have a proper look at the source again - apologies, meant to do that today but got busy. I think he's quite far to the left which could the impression of undercutting the bus, but I'm pretty sure even if he did, he was stationary and had his foot down and was in front of the bus before the lights changed.

I don't think Breaker Morant is trolling, but I am curious as to how he got the impression from that short, heavily compressed, relatively low res video that the cyclist did what he believes he did.

Upon advice of the copper commenter here, and a friend in the Met, sent an email to the local police, then get a call from a traffic officer. He thanked me for bringing it to his attention, however having asked around the police hadn't had any complaints from the potential near-victims themselves. If I want to proceed, it would be ME making a complaint towards the driver.

I guess I need weigh up what may be gained from doing so. Part of me feels it could be a big struggle for potentially no gain over something that isn't really a big deal. Another part of me feels that if he goes on to do something and someone gets hurt, I could have prevented it.
but it is recorded now so if there is an incident the police can see he has "form" if/when he trys the but i am such a careful driver tack

Top Bottom