National anthem....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Were you drunk when you wrote this?

Scottish ministers allow to, and do vote on English only matters.
English ministers have no vote on Scottish only matters.

All universities throughout the UK charge a far reduced tuition fee for Scottish nationals.
Scottish universities have a far reduced tuition fee for Scottish nationals
Universities in Scotland charge the rest of the UK full price for tuition fees, yet give the it to the whole of the EU at the Scottish rate.

I personally see far more anti-English racism in Scotland, than I see anti-Scottish racism in England.

AndyRM

XOXO
Scottish ministers allow to, and do vote on English only matters.
English ministers have no vote on Scottish only matters.

All universities throughout the UK charge a far reduced tuition fee for Scottish nationals.
Scottish universities have a far reduced tuition fee for Scottish nationals
Universities in Scotland charge the rest of the UK full price for tuition fees, yet give the it to the whole of the EU at the Scottish rate.

I personally see far more anti-English racism in Scotland, than I see anti-Scottish racism in England.

So... You're still pished?

AndyRM

XOXO
I'll agree with you on this.

Everybody has had a different life, in different places, with different experiences. It's not black and white, and there's no right side or wrong side.

Also agreed.

Anthems are a funny thing I think, they're never going to represent everyone and in a country as small as the UK will always be divisive.

We should bin it and have a competition to decide the next one.

AndyRM

XOXO
Please not an x factor type competition :surrender:

We'd end up with something worse!

Globalti

Legendary Member
The French national anthem is excellent; I can sing the first verse all the way through. And unlike French pop music the language actually suits the music.

Globalti

Legendary Member
A couple of years ago one of my Lebanese customers from Nigeria was granted British citizenship and asked me to take him along to Southport Town Hall for his private ceremony. It was a hoot; they went through all the stuff then the Registrar, an elderly lady in a suit, solemnly pressed a button on a cheapo cassette player and we stood to attention while the national anthem was played through this naff plastic speaker. My Lebanese friend, a tall handsome guy, was overwhelmed with emotion and stepped forward saying gravely to the Registrar: "Madame, I am going to embrace you!" then planted a kiss on each of her cheeks, French politician style, at which she, completely taken aback, blushed deep red and quavered: "Oh Mr Jamal...... we haven't quite finished yet!"

Top Bottom