National Gin Day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
raleighnut

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I'm currently on the Martini's made by the time honoured way of pouring a healthy measure of ice cold Greenhalls (I am on a budget) over some crushed ice and waving it in the general direction of Italy.

:cheers: :becool:

I've yet to try a gin I don't like. Beefeater was on an offer, and seems OK. I've happily drunk Aldi gin before, and I'd get Sipsmith if it wasn't quite so pricey.
Good enough reason to buy the Beefeater then! The Aldi stuff is ok. I did once buy a bottle of Masons Yorkshire Gin at a local street food festival as the few drops of sample seemed ok. A mistake as I found it quite chemically and not too pleasant - being from Yorkshire I did drink it eventually anyway.

Chromatic

Legendary Member
I've tried loads of these 'artisan' gins made with exotic botanicals and extracts of nubile virgins and all that nonsense, with the vast majority of them it's a case of the emperors new juniper berries.
My fave gin is Tanqueray Rangpur, it's lovely stuff.

IBarrett

Über Member
Mrs B and I are celebrating this - any excuse for gin o'clock !
We have 'his n hers gins just now.

I have London #1 which is blue and she has her homemade rhubarb flavoured gin which is pink.

Cheers!

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Two of my colleagues have just come round with a trolley of G&T. Very civilised.

It was yesterday in our office. I believe it was Hendricks and Schweppes, mixed good and strong. I had lime.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
I've tried loads of these 'artisan' gins made with exotic botanicals and extracts of nubile virgins and all that nonsense, with the vast majority of them it's a case of the emperors new juniper berries.
My fave gin is Tanqueray Rangpur, it's lovely stuff.
I find that if you drink dry martinis then the expense is worth it. If you're on G&t then you need to mix extremely strong to be able to tell the difference.

subaqua

What’s the point
Gordon's is rubbish ,beefeater is Meh , however the fancy new stuff ( Hendricks tanquery Bombay saph ) is rather good

Sipsmith is one to try

Fever tree rocks tho.

Top Bottom