national jersey

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

515mm

It's a question that's probably been asked before but here goes anyway.....

Where can I buy one of those lovely red white and blue British team jerseys that our heroes of the track were sporting recently?

Many thanks.........

mr Mag00

rising member
ooooh the consensus is you dont wear them! i have some from a couple of years ago and i do:thumbsup: I was given it by someone who works with the every now and again.

OP
OP
515mm

515mm

I think it's time to change the consensus. I understand the premise and I would never wear a champion's jersey (unless I became one - natch) but I think we should be able to support our national squad. I am a proud Welshman and yet I would willingly wear the union flag jersey as it represents me as well as my English, Scottish and N.Irish cousins.

You wouldn't catch me in yellow, pink, green, polkadot or rainbow, however. That would be vulgar.:eek:

Will1985

Über Member
What about the Prendas Tom Simpson World Champion jersey? It is a nice way to remember him although I wouldn't wear it riding up Ventoux...

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Will1985 said:
What about the Prendas Tom Simpson World Champion jersey?

I think I'd see that more as a tribute/homage, but as said earlier, I'm unsure of the ettiquette surrounding it, the champion stripes in particular, and team kit in a more general sense. This doesn't seem to happen in other sports, unless all the folk in replica football shirts are committing some dreadful faux pas :rolleyes:

eciclo

515mm said:
It's a question that's probably been asked before but here goes anyway.....

Where can I buy one of those lovely red white and blue British team jerseys that our heroes of the track were sporting recently?

Many thanks.........

Try All4cycling

OP
OP
515mm

515mm

The Tom Simpson Homage jersey is a nice idea and certainly one for when I ride Mt Ventoux, someday, to set a bidon at his memorial.

I want to show support for our national squad though and maybe put a few coppers in the coffers. It's how our local and national rugby teams gather revenue, after all. I can wear a Lions rugby shirt in any rugby club or stadia in Britain and be recognised as a fan of the sport. Are cyclists so pompous and superior that they'd sneer at slightly *ahem* flabby me in a team GB jersey because I'm obviously not a professional athlete?

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
515mm said:
...I can wear a Lions rugby shirt in any rugby club or stadia in Britain and be recognised as a fan of the sport. Are cyclists so pompous and superior that they'd sneer at slightly *ahem* flabby me in a team GB jersey because I'm obviously not a professional athlete?

I don't think it's that, so much as that there is different ettiquette in different sports - no one would blink an eye at you wearing an England shirt to play five a side, for example, but walk into your local karate class wearing a black belt that you didn't earn there and you'd be in for it...

Top Bottom