national time trials

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Although im only a leisure cyclist i often wondered how it was possible for some people to get what i class as unbelievable times on some strava segments. I got my answer yesterday. Out in the villages of south leicester (kimcote, walton etc) i was passed by a peleton of speed! Turned out after a speaking to some marshalls it was a national time trial. I now believe those times as it was an amazing sight

Skipper

You should have jumped onto a back wheel, then thrown a bungy cord round the bike. You can save 30% energy that way!

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Although im only a leisure cyclist i often wondered how it was possible for some people to get what i class as unbelievable times on some strava segments. I got my answer yesterday. Out in the villages of south leicester (kimcote, walton etc) i was passed by a peleton of speed! Turned out after a speaking to some marshalls it was a national time trial. I now believe those times as it was an amazing sight

A peloton in a time trial?

D

Deleted member 1258

Are you sure it wasn't a local club ride? The Coventry Road club for example are often out that way, though yesterdays run destinations were Middleton Hall and Rosliston.

http://www.coventryroadclub.org.uk/?cat=29&id=145

Top Bottom