Nausea after Cycling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Speedmaster

GCN Cycling team put a video on the other day how to complete your first 50km. They said you will need to take some snacks.
And they said 1 bar and 1 500ml bottle every hour

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Ok so for a 1-2hr ride just a aim to have 2 500ml bottlesof water, and any longer ride take energy bars?

Yep or whatever you like. I take shortbread fingers on my longer rides.

Speedmaster

Sorry coming back to this. So i'm still thinking on how to prevent feeling nausea after a ride. I really want to increase my speed, but this is want i'm trying to do, but i feel sick about 10 - 20mins after a ride. I don't feel tired out just feel sick. How can i increase my average speed without feeling nausea afterwards?

No, I've been cycling for 5months or more and only started to feel sick in the last few of weeks. I'm not pushing myself at all, I'm just going at a slow pace. Also, it feels like the sickness has got worse over the course of 3 weeks. I don't feel sick while on the bike, as I've already mentioned, it's just when I get off and the sickness can last for hours.

I've experienced something similar when I've pushed myself a bit more than usual; generally because I'm late for work.

I once had to get off the tram and lie down on a station bench I felt so bad, which rather defeated the object of rushing in the first place.

Sharky

Guru
How can i increase my average speed without feeling nausea afterwards?
Once you have become familiar with a certain route by riding it 3 or 4 times, it becomes increasingly difficult to increase avg speed. You get into a comfortable style, riding the same gears at the same cadence. The only way to improve is by using a bigger gear at the same cadence or same gear at a higher cadence. Both of these are possible, but it takes time to practice and build strength.

Big improvements in the same season are usually down to weather conditions. Small gradual improvements will come over time, especially if you can keep riding thru the winter months. And joining a club to go out on group rides will do wonders.

Good luck

Speedmaster

I did my fastest 21 miles today, and i tried to be more beneficial with keeing fueled, and i was fine. I didn't feel sick afterwards like i have been for that distance. I i actually did a quick 3miles cool down with a freind and kept moving with i think helped

Top Bottom