NBD!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
@JhnBssll will like it, it has spoke nipples and bar ends in his favourite purple!

All uphill

Still rolling along
Congratulations!

My 1995 Marin Stinson frame is still the most comfortable and versatile bike I have. I hope you get as much pleasure from yours as I have!

Weather not playing ball this afternoon, so pics and fettling will have to wait. Retrieved it from the car. Tyres hold air. Tyres are Spesh baldies, 1.5". The gears seem to shift OK. Has very small chainrings, great for round here! The tip have started to price things sensibly now. Tiny bikes £5, older child size £10, adult bikes £15. So definitely worth extra visits. Anyhow, when paying, operative stood it on a set of scales, leaning very gently against the wall. 10.6kg. Nice! If that's accurate, it's the lightest bike I have, by 1.5kg.
When the torrential rain (BBC Weather: occasional light showers) ease up, I'll go back out and remove the lights and see if they are worth saving. Here's hoping there's no batteries in them...
The rear wheel is very slightly out of true, but a tiny easing of the brakes will allow it rotate freely.
All in all, if it sets up reasonably, this could be a very nice ride.

Yer tiz...
20220630_162603.jpg

20220630_162617.jpg

20220630_162654.jpg

20220630_162642.jpg

T4tomo

Legendary Member
worth £15 of anyone's money.

is it a trick of the light or does it have lilac spoke nipples? they could be potentially priceless!:okay:

Ajax Bay

Guru
Well done. Has clearly been looked after, and maybe lightly ridden and kept indoors. Almost nothing to do, which might reduce the 'enjoyment' opportunities. I wonder why the previous custodian fitted such narrow tyres (1.25"). Quality front brake cable run.
Am endeavouring to remember the guy who ran Devon Cycles Plymouth - we raced one another in the 80s. He is well retired now (in eighties) but a friend (and one of his cycling buddies) told me last month that he is still cycling strongly.

Unsurprisingly, the lights were toast. Really not a problem!
Research seems to show it as a 1993 model. Drivetrain seems to be a mix of original and some changes, the chainset being one.
It will need a new chain and cassette, I'm thinking, and that will give me the opportunity to maker the lowest gear 22-34!

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
I really can't understand what makes people chuck away good quality bikes like this. :rolleyes: A rigid cro-moly frame with decent quality mechanicals makes an inherently reliable and durable utility bike with nothing more than a basic maintenance regime. It's a no-brainer.
All I ever do to my 31 year old 501 framed Raleigh MTB is squirt a bit of lube into the various bearings and the chain and put air in the tyres, and it just works and keeps working.

Top Bottom