NBD!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Make a great commuter bike.
But, at approaching 70, not for me!

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
I wouldn't really want to go narrower than 1.75" on a 26" MTB, as you can keep the tyre pressures sensible and the comfort levels up.
There's also the matter of reduced ground clearance under the pedals and BB if you fit skinny tyres to a bike designed originally to run wide knobbly ones.

I wouldn't really want to go narrower than 1.75" on a 26" MTB, as you can keep the tyre pressures sensible and the comfort levels up.
There's also the matter of reduced ground clearance under the pedals and BB if you fit skinny tyres to a bike designed originally to run wide knobbly ones.
Yup, I'll try it out as-is, but will almost certainly be fitting whatever the current equivalent of City Jets is in the near future.

Sharky

Guru
Well done. Has clearly been looked after, and maybe lightly ridden and kept indoors. Almost nothing to do, which might reduce the 'enjoyment' opportunities. I wonder why the previous custodian fitted such narrow tyres (1.25"). Quality front brake cable run.
Am endeavouring to remember the guy who ran Devon Cycles Plymouth - we raced one another in the 80s. He is well retired now (in eighties) but a friend (and one of his cycling buddies) told me last month that he is still cycling strongly.

Did a brief Google search, but it came back with the sad news that Colin Lewis passed away earlier this year. A great rider in his day.

Ajax Bay

Guru
I guess my erstwhile competitor ran another Pymouth shop then: (have remembered name) Chris Barretto.

FishFright

More wheels than sense
Unsurprisingly, the lights were toast. Really not a problem!
Research seems to show it as a 1993 model. Drivetrain seems to be a mix of original and some changes, the chainset being one.
It will need a new chain and cassette, I'm thinking, and that will give me the opportunity to maker the lowest gear 22-34!

My old Specialized MTB had a silly low gear of 22-36. Very nice to pootle up steep tracks but really hard to get going again.

Top Bottom