Nearly had a crash this morning...

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by swee'pea99, 27 Apr 2010.

1. swee'pea99

swee'pea99 Legendary Member

...and it was entirely my fault.

And no, you're not getting any details. :wacko:

2. BentMikey

BentMikey Rider of Seolferwulf

Oops, glad you didn't though. I bet you were RLJing! (j/k)

I made an oopsie on Sunday, I filtered and nearly left it a little too late to retake primary. It's something I do occasionally, and I try hard to stop myself.

3. Vikeonabike

Vikeonabike CC Neighbourhood Police Constable

Swee'pee was looking at eye candy and didn't see the obstruction in front......you may have been paying attention SP but there wan't any due care!

And post will get worse until you spill the beans!

4. yello

yello Legendary Member

"nearly" is fine. It's when it becomes 'did' that you should worry.

If you know what you did and how to avoid it for next time then it's a lesson learned! :biggrin:

5. Landslide

Landslide Rare Migrant

Aye, that was my guess too! :biggrin:

6. ianrauk

ianrauk Tattooed Beat Messiah

you can't come on here bragging about a 'nearly' crash and leave us hanging on for details.. it's just not right :biggrin:

7. Vikeonabike

Vikeonabike CC Neighbourhood Police Constable

If we can't be told we just make it up......

8. OP
    OP
    swee'pea99

It was all a bit complicated and happened very fast, but suffice it to say it involved me and another cyclist and a scooter all simultaneously doing things we probably didn't oughta, all unfortunately in just the same place. (I think I was mostly to blame, albeit t'others were not entirely blameless, tho' it all took place too fast to be sure...) Swerving and heavy braking was involved. No-one actually skidded. No bowel movements occurred.

One of us would have been routine, two would have made things tricky but perfectly handleable, but three at once and the probability maths all suddenly went a bit pear-shaped! Still, no-one got hurt and I think my groveling apologies were appreciated and received with dignity.

And that's all yer getting. :biggrin:

9. 4F

4F Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby

So you were cycling behind a rather fit young lady and rather than overtake you decided to draft her. Her boyfriend who was then going to work on his Pegeout Speedfighter saw what you were doing and tried to swipe you yet it was nobody's fault ?

10. Don't tell me you chose today to take the stabilizers off sweetpea:rofl:

11. PpPete

PpPete Guru

12. OP
    OP
    swee'pea99

Like I say, that's all yer gettin'. And yes, the stabilizers are gone, but not the Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world. So, do you feel lucky, punk? Sorry...potsy...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice