kevin_cambs_uk
Legendary Member
- Location
- Near Cambridge
I need to get more spares !And then ...
![]()
... you broke a crank!![]()
I need to get more spares !And then ...
![]()
... you broke a crank!![]()
I was lucky - I spotted it while I was cleaning my bike. Imagine what could have happened if the crank had broken when I'd been standing up and sprinting, or pushing down on it on a fast downhill bend ...I need to get more spares !

very similar to mine, double flat instantly when i hit some a deop in the road surface as the sign was missing on an unlit section.Only had 1 inner tube at the time and it was so cold the glue was not working properly so i had a very long wait for Mrs CK in sub zero temperatures.taught me to carry 2 tubes at least as well as a repair kit and a decent pump/tools.Worst ever for me was a double puncture.
Ran over an up turned Men at work sign.
Never saw it, burst both inners straightaway.
Total ****er !
me too, but i carry tubes for both bikes so dont get caught out like al78topeak mini masterblaster 100psi no probs
I was lucky - I spotted it while I was cleaning my bike. Imagine what could have happened if the crank had broken when I'd been standing up and sprinting, or pushing down on it on a fast downhill bend ...
I did snap a crank once but it happened when I was sitting down and riding in a straight line so I wobbled a bit, but came safely to a halt. I then had to ride 5 miles home one-legged, with the crank in my jersey pocket so I could take my pedal off when I got back!
I was lucky - I spotted it while I was cleaning my bike. Imagine what could have happened if the crank had broken when I'd been standing up and sprinting, or pushing down on it on a fast downhill bend ...
I did snap a crank once but it happened when I was sitting down and riding in a straight line so I wobbled a bit, but came safely to a halt. I then had to ride 5 miles home one-legged, with the crank in my jersey pocket so I could take my pedal off when I got back!
very similar to mine, double flat instantly when i hit some a deop in the road surface as the sign was missing on an unlit section.Only had 1 inner tube at the time and it was so cold the glue was not working properly so i had a very long wait for Mrs CK in sub zero temperatures.taught me to carry 2 tubes at least as well as a repair kit and a decent pump/tools.
+1 for the road morph which is essentially a mini track pump that you can get very quickly to 100 + psi , currently carry a smaller topeak pump along with a c02 inflator.