Nearly killed by an eco warrior's subversive pet mouse...?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sheddy

Legendary Member
Kirstie, if you were just a bit more untidy, the mouse would have survived on scraps from around the house and not eaten the car at all....

Insert Public Information slogan here >

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
linfordlunchbox said:
If you knew what we were on about in the first place, you wouldn't come across with such a degree of arrogance - but then again, why take the effort to break the cycle FM ?

I know exactly what you are talking about.

You had an argument with User in which you used the term 'QED'. User said you had used it incorrectly. You then started another thread asking 'does regulator know the meaning of QED?' Now you are going on about it again.

QED.

;)

Now perhaps you and reg can stop hijacking Kirstie's amusing thread with your tedious argument - as I said mice are more interesting.

^^^^^ I have no idea what i've started here... anyway...

Fnaar said:
Eat More Cheese.

I was thinking of putting a load of mouse traps under the bonnet...but remember to warn the mechanics when it has a service ha ha.

When I was dropped off at the garage there was a funny conversation between the lovely RAC man and the garage chappy about animal life they'd found in cars. Apparently lovely RAC man had once found a squirrel asleep in his airbox ;) and the garage chappy uncovered a rats nest in a vehicle he was servicing once :ohmy:

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Kirstie said:
^^^^^ I have no idea what i've started here... anyway...

I was thinking of putting a load of mouse traps under the bonnet...but remember to warn the mechanics when it has a service ha ha.

When I was dropped off at the garage there was a funny conversation between the lovely RAC man and the garage chappy about animal life they'd found in cars. Apparently lovely RAC man had once found a squirrel asleep in his airbox ;) and the garage chappy uncovered a rats nest in a vehicle he was servicing once :biggrin:

Back when I worked for a very poor non-profit organisation, we had a few very old Macs donated to us. They soon started having problems, and when we had them opened up they were absolutely full of spiders and webs - they had developed some kind of wierd cannibalistic ecology in there... :ohmy:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Flying_Monkey said:
Back when I worked for a very poor non-profit organisation, we had a few very old Macs donated to us. They soon started having problems, and when we had them opened up they were absolutely full of spiders and webs - they had developed some kind of wierd cannibalistic ecology in there... :ohmy:

That's why spiders are successful and often the first species to recolonise areas of ecological devastation. They move in faster than any plant can, they will happily eat each other to survive and then they provide food for other species as well.

As for the mice, why would it be a plot by a human? Rodents are quite capable of plotting the downfall of man on their own...;)

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Could I recommend an application of chili oil to the pipe/pipes in question?
That will quickly put any rodent off chewing on/thru the pipe.

The problem with the engine bay and it's surrounds is that generally it is a very warm and dry place for anything up to as big as a cat to hide.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I see the thread's been hijacked by some folk that don't seem to have expressed any concern for Kirsty's brake failure - pretty serious.....

LLB

fossyant said:
I see the thread's been hijacked by some folk that don't seem to have expressed any concern for Kirsty's brake failure - pretty serious.....

Who would that be ?

tdr1nka said:
Could I recommend an application of chili oil to the pipe/pipes in question?
That will quickly put any rodent off chewing on/thru the pipe.

The problem with the engine bay and it's surrounds is that generally it is a very warm and dry place for anything up to as big as a cat to hide.

Surely the cat would negate the mouse problem?

Thought all cars were fitted with cat(alysts) anyway.

<insert groan here>

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Piemaster said:
Surely the cat would negate the mouse problem?

Thought all cars were fitted with cat(alysts) anyway.

<insert groan here>

A cat converter, probably converts cats into mice.

And to not seem too glib on the subject, Kirstie, well held in that emergency and thank the maker/makers you are in one piece!

Thankyou and I'm quite glad I'm none the worse for wear. I was only going at about 20mph max at the time anyway as I was approaching a roundabout. Still, when your brakes fail that feels flippin fast, and you can still damage other people/cars at that speed.

I'll try the chilli oil solution, although I wouldn't like those smells to get into the air blower Ouch! The whole engine bay is being checked for chewage :smile:

There was a much worse accident yesterday in Northampton. A lorry turned over and shed its load of washing machines on a bridge over the A45. Someone had put the load on a soft-sided trailer and not secured it properly. Some of the machines went over the side of the bridge and smashed into the cars underneath, which didn't stand a chance. A few people were killed. :laugh:

Top Bottom