Nearly killed by an eco warrior's subversive pet mouse...?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I had to go into work today and so got in my car to drive there (yes, I know I know, but it's a long way but I do it once a week if that)...the M1 was completely blocked because of the silverstone grand prix so I went through northampton which was also completely blocked because of a terrible accident on the A45.

So I was crawling around the ring road, and eventually found the road I wanted (the B526 as it happens). I was approaching a roundabout....went to slow down...and....the brakes failed - completely and utterly failed. I put my foot on the pedal and nothing happened. So I grabbed the handbrake with both hands (checked the mirror first), and narrowly missed hitting the car in front, which pulled away onto the roundabout just in time.

I absolutely poo'd myself. It was very scary.

So the RAC man comes along (v nice man too), takes a look under the bonnet, and there's all these chew marks in the foam around the engine block, and he says the immortal words:

'looks like a MOUSE has chewed its way through your servo line*'

A MOUSE FFS!!!!

So which one of you dogmatic ecomentalists sets their pet mice on unsuspecting cars then...? GRRRRRR :ohmy::biggrin::ohmy:

*the servo sends air into the brake system so it works.

LLB

Kirstie said:
I had to go into work today and so got in my car to drive there (yes, I know I know, but it's a long way but I do it once a week if that)...the M1 was completely blocked because of the silverstone grand prix so I went through northampton which was also completely blocked because of a terrible accident on the A45.

So I was crawling around the ring road, and eventually found the road I wanted (the B526 as it happens). I was approaching a roundabout....went to slow down...and....the brakes failed - completely and utterly failed. I put my foot on the pedal and nothing happened. So I grabbed the handbrake with both hands (checked the mirror first), and narrowly missed hitting the car in front, which pulled away onto the roundabout just in time.

I absolutely poo'd myself. It was very scary.

So the RAC man comes along (v nice man too), takes a look under the bonnet, and there's all these chew marks in the foam around the engine block, and he says the immortal words:

'looks like a MOUSE has chewed its way through your servo line*'

A MOUSE FFS!!!!

So which one of you dogmatic ecomentalists sets their pet mice on unsuspecting cars then...? GRRRRRR :ohmy::biggrin::ohmy:

*the servo sends air into the brake system so it works.

Pfffft, she said 'ecomentalist' :smile::biggrin:

Seriously though, My old Xantia sprung a leak on its hydraulic system once as I was doing the same thing. You do still have brakes, but you need to really stand on the pedal to get any force on them.

Fairly scary though

LLB

User said:
As you obviously don't understand the concept, and have little capacity to understand, I'm not wasting my time explaining it yet again.

Wiki is my friend ;)

I think you got it wrong, and are executing your right to silence to avoid incriminating yourself :ohmy:

LLB

User said:
'You think' isn't the same as fact.;)

As you clearly don't understand the concept and precepts, then you aren't competent to judge such matters.

I suggest you purchase of copy of 'Philosophy for Dummies'...

OK I'll rephrase - It is my assertion that you got it wrong and you have been executing your right to silence to avoid incriminating yourself :ohmy:

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
In a discussion about a term in disputation between someone who understands philosophy and someone who thinks that saying 'wikipedia is my friend' is a clinching argument, who do we think is right? Tricky one, that...

Back to the mice anyway - they are much more interesting...

LLB

mickle said:
I removed him from my ignore list for this? Still doesn't like upitty broads does he?

I didn't know that User was a woman :ohmy:

I have no problem at all with Kirstie if you take the bother to read the thread Mickle ;)

LLB

Flying_Monkey said:
In a discussion about a term in disputation between someone who understands philosophy and someone who thinks that saying 'wikipedia is my friend' is a clinching argument, who do we think is right? Tricky one, that...

Back to the mice anyway - they are much more interesting...

If you knew what we were on about in the first place, you wouldn't come across with such a degree of arrogance - but then again, why take the effort to break the cycle FM ?

Jaded

linfordlunchbox said:
If you knew what we were on about in the first place, you wouldn't come across with such a degree of arrogance - but then again, why take the effort to break the cycle FM ?

At least he has a cycle.

Top Bottom