Nearly killed by an eco warrior's subversive pet mouse...?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Kirstie said:
Thankyou and I'm quite glad I'm none the worse for wear. I was only going at about 20mph max at the time anyway as I was approaching a roundabout. Still, when your brakes fail that feels flippin fast, and you can still damage other people/cars at that speed.

I'll try the chilli oil solution, although I wouldn't like those smells to get into the air blower Ouch! The whole engine bay is being checked for chewage :smile:

Glad you managed to stop in time. Perhaps you could just keep a cat under the bonnet to deal with any stray mice?:smile:

There was a much worse accident yesterday in Northampton. A lorry turned over and shed its load of washing machines on a bridge over the A45. Someone had put the load on a soft-sided trailer and not secured it properly. Some of the machines went over the side of the bridge and smashed into the cars underneath, which didn't stand a chance. A few people were killed. :laugh:

Oh dear. This is driver carelessness, nothing more. I regularly shift washing machines on a curtainsider with no problems. The driver just needs to be aware that there's a lot of weight high up in the trailer, if they're stacked to the roof, and drive accordingly.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Flying_Monkey said:
Back when I worked for a very poor non-profit organisation, we had a few very old Macs donated to us. They soon started having problems, and when we had them opened up they were absolutely full of spiders and webs - they had developed some kind of wierd cannibalistic ecology in there... ;)
The world wide web! :tongue:

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Glad you're okay Kirst, sounds like a warning to stay on the bike! :sad:;)

linfordlunchbox said:
The plural would only apply if she used an apostrophe :thumbsup:
WTF? It needs an apostrophe to be plural? If only I'd known all these years... :tongue:

Top Bottom