Nearly, oh so nearly x 2

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Trumpettom001

I worry about using the airzound in this situation - Might cause cyclists to jump, with possibile negative consequences....

NormanD

Lunatic Asylum Escapee
Ah summer time ... mind on trimming the hedge / mowing the lawn / potting some plants / watering the flowers and pleasing the mrs at the same time ... "F*%@" where did that cyclist come from? and who does he think he's shouting at?, "Get off the road, you don't pay road TAX" :biggrin:

Glad you both (cyclists) didn't connect there and it was nice to appologise the lady cyclist :blush:

onto the next one

Norm

dondare

Über Member
I've followed cyclists before now who seem to attract this kind of near miss constantly. I can see them but for some reason the motorists can't.

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
dondare said:
I've followed cyclists before now who seem to attract this kind of near miss constantly. I can see them but for some reason the motorists can't.

I think the lass was about to bail with the second driver..although he didn't bank on a red flaming fiery dragon coming steaming down the road on her outside flank....:biggrin: he wasn't happy...mouthed all sorts........:blush:

dondare

Über Member
I'll tell you something else I've noticed; cyclists in cycle-lanes really are much harder to see than cyclists on roads without cycle-lanes.

In that clip I think that the 1st motorist did see the cyclist but couldn't be bothered to wait so cut the corner directly in front of her, and the second driver intended to "follow through".

GrasB

Veteran
S**t that be a close one there.

As a driver you never just follow through because you have no idea what is actually being hidden by the car turning in front.

mtip

Got a similar one today on the junction of Farringdon Street and Snow Hill in London (http://maps.google.co.uk/?ie=UTF8&h...=-afIidB70ZxLWDdbGBZ3nw&cbp=12,175.39,,0,1.83). I was travelling towards the viaduct and when at the approximately same distance from the junction as the street view shows an AddisonLee minicab driver coming the other way, after slowing down to (seemingly) allow me to pass (I was about 20-25 yards from the junction at this moment doing around 20-22mph, more or less in the middle of the lane) suddenly decided to start turning right (my left) into Snow Hill.

This was the scariest moment of my whole life, a very close miss, I think he missed my rear wheel by only a few inches there.

Oh, and hello to everyone, first post here after lurking for a while, sorry it turned out to be so negative :smile:

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
drivers just follow the car ahead so often that, tbh, I've come to expect that kind of manoeuvre. It messes up your average, but I tend to make sure I'm ready to stop.

Good shout though Fossy, no need for an airzound there!

GrasB said:
S**t that be a close one there.

As a driver you never just follow through because you have no idea what is actually being hidden by the car turning in front.

my driving instructor 9 years ago pointed this out to me by letting me follow another car in overtaking a bus that was stopped at a bus stop

i ended up sat next to it half blocking the road

she then told me off for it and i've not done it since :biggrin:

Top Bottom