Need a better weather app

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I checked the weather on my iPhone, -12C and a little snow., all good lets go.

In the shielded city streets all is good but as I get to rural roads the wind kicks up and it feels like I am going backwards. Is there a weather app that includes wind speed and direction?

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
I think on Android I have weather.com/weather channel/accuweather but tend to use BBC weather, which is a bit vague internationally.

http://www.wunderground.com/wundermap/ is great on a PC, no idea if they do an app or how it works in iPhone browser. :smile:

mangid

Guru
I checked the weather on my iPhone, -12C and a little snow., all good lets go.

In the shielded city streets all is good but as I get to rural roads the wind kicks up and it feels like I am going backwards. Is there a weather app that includes wind speed and direction?

I find forecast.co.uk to be pretty good, it has android and iphone apps.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
There is only one weather app worth getting. It's WeatherPro by Meteogroup. You'll have to pay a little, but it's super accurate and by far the most reliable. The rest are a waste of time, except for the met office app, which is a close second to WeatherPro.

watchiekong

WeatherPro - I agree its the best. I've been using it for over 2 years now. Very (respectfully) accurate local hourly rain and wind predictions - my wife uses it on the iPad in timing the rain AND wind when drying the laundry out in the garden! As always, remember no app is 100% accurate though, but I've tended to rely more on WeatherPro more than the weather man!

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
WeatherPro - I agree its the best. I've been using it for over 2 years now. Very (respectfully) accurate local hourly rain and wind predictions - my wife uses it on the iPad in timing the rain AND wind when drying the laundry out in the garden! As always, remember no app is 100% accurate though, but I've tended to rely more on WeatherPro more than the weather man!

I really like the rain radar - not only can you see the difference between rain, snow, hail, sleet, etc., but you can step back in time to see how the rain was moving over the last few hours. That's super useful in working out what is coming, or likely to be coming.

I do want to plug the MetOffice app though. That's the best free option. WeatherPro is better, but it requires purchasing the app and paying for premium data, neither of which are that expensive.

Top Bottom