Need a job?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
I could work the dustbins for 2/3 more salary and less hours.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I could work the dustbins for 2/3 more salary and less hours.
Do bin workers really earn £35k+? :wacko:

I would work for 2/3 of the salary (£14k+) and more hours provided I could do it from home, it vaguely interested me, and it didn't cause me to have another stress-related breakdown!

winjim

Smash the cistern
Aye.

Personally I'd love a bike shop, or to work in one, but it won't pay the bills. Plus I'd die with the state of some of the bikes, and I'd never make money as they would be given back to the customer like new !!
I was chatting to my mate who owns a bike shop and he's decided they need to come up with a more coherent pricing and payment structure. He told me about one guy who bought an expensive bike then brought it back into the shop the very next week. My mate was worried and asked if there was a problem with it but the guy just said "no, I've come to give you some money, I've not paid you for it yet" :laugh:

Another time he was desperately trying not to take money from a guy whose wheelchair he'd just spent the last hour Dremelling out and fitting a new bearing.

They're too nice at my LBS. ^_^

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
About £33k round there, according to the job ad in the local carncil version of Pravda that occasionally drops through our doors.
Blimey - I knew that I was out of touch, but not by that much!

So much for minimum wage and the 'living wage' if even people doing the bins are earning 2-3 times that ...

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
All sorts of jobs that are considered "menial" by some are paid incredibly well. Bin man is one, parcel delivery can be another one if you put the hours in. Postman is another. No thought required, just rinse and repeat, door after door.
I flog myself almost the full 7 days a week and I'm on call 24/7, I present to a national board, I represent the company at Government and industry meetings, my role needs a high degree of intelligence, experience, and tact, and yet I get little more than a bin man. Makes me question whether it's worth it.

winjim

Smash the cistern
All sorts of jobs that are considered "menial" by some are paid incredibly well. Bin man is one, parcel delivery can be another one if you put the hours in. Postman is another. No thought required, just rinse and repeat, door after door.
I flog myself almost the full 7 days a week and I'm on call 24/7, I present to a national board, I represent the company at Government and industry meetings, my role needs a high degree of intelligence, experience, and tact, and yet I get little more than a bin man. Makes me question whether it's worth it.
Would you rather be emptying bins all day? I wouldn't, it sounds horrid. I'm perfectly happy to pay somebody else to do it.

Top Bottom