Need a jumper?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jaded

Why feed the chuffing thing until it is 12 years old?

Use the money saved and buy a new puppy.

Renard

simonali said:
Don't get a common dog, get an IT and help save an endangered breed. They're a nice size, don't moult, very intelligent, as happy with a 1 mile walk as a 12 mile one and adore kids. Track down a local breeder and ask if you can have a look with your lad. Everyone who sees my dog comes and says 'hello, I like your dog. What is he?' You don't get that with a boring old Lab!

http://www.weloveirishterriers.com/imagepages/murphysonofslipperyjackwithowen.html

My grandpa used to breed those

Renard

Maz said:
Quote:they collected thousands of dog hairs from brushes and carpets.
Sh1t! just how filthy was there house?!
were they taken from guide dogs? that couple in that pic look blind!

According to the lady on TV this morning this was misreported. They would put a sheet down when they were grooming them and collect the hair that way. Anything off the floor goes in the bin.

What it didn't say in the original article is that the breed of the dog is named after the Samoyed tribe from Siberia who used their hair for clothing.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Apparently the jumpers were stolen once and the police didn't have any leads but they were hoping to collar the thief soon

'The 73-year-old said: ".... I've always got a sweat on by the time I get from the bus to the shops." '

You can't buy class, can you?

simonali said:
Don't get a common dog, get an IT and help save an endangered breed. They're a nice size, don't moult, very intelligent, as happy with a 1 mile walk as a 12 mile one and adore kids. Track down a local breeder and ask if you can have a look with your lad. Everyone who sees my dog comes and says 'hello, I like your dog. What is he?' You don't get that with a boring old Lab!

http://www.weloveirishterriers.com/imagepages/murphysonofslipperyjackwithowen.html

They look nice dogs: I need one that fetches sticks though, they look a bit independently minded :rolleyes:

Maz

Guru
rich p said:
Apparently the jumpers were stolen once and the police didn't have any leads but they were hoping to collar the thief soon
that's a potted version of a shaggy dog story.

simonali

Guru
Crackle said:
They look nice dogs: I need one that fetches sticks though, they look a bit independently minded :biggrin:

Mine chases the stick and picks it up, he just won't give it back to you. It's up to you to persuade him to give it up, which usually means bribing him with a treat. He's definitely not daft!

If you look on page one of the gallery on that site, you'll see a pic like my avatar. That and the one by the river next door to it is my dog.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Disgruntled Goat said:
I hate to think what they smell like when wet.

Do you wear wool? Ever smelt a wet sheep? Why is it different?

You know something, I suspect they wash the fibre you know, probably before and after spinning. Just like any other fibre. Why are people so funny about using dog hair, when they aren't fussy about wool or angora or cashmir (you as a goat ought to know all about that), all of which are also animal fibres.

got-to-get-fit

Just imagine, you are standing in the queue for a bus and fell something rubbing against your leg.....you look down and this guy dressed in his dead dogs fur is humping your leg.........eeuuuughhhhh!

xx(:angry:

Top Bottom