Need a new bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

QuackPot

My old Diamondback S10 is falling to bits and I need a new bike. I was thinking about a Diamondback Sorrento for around £200 or a Diamondback Coil for around £400.

Are the components of these bikes good and do they last long? I'd really like a bike within that price range and with decent build quality. But mainly for it to have a full suspension and 21 gears at least.

My old Diamondback S10 is falling to bits and I need a new bike. I was thinking about a Diamondback Sorrento for around £200 or a Diamondback Coil for around £400.

Are the components of these bikes good and do they last long? I'd really like a bike within that price range and with decent build quality. But mainly for it to have a full suspension and 21 gears at least.

£200 to £400 for a full susser with decent build quality .. is this for real ?

If you want a decent quality full susser dont even think about spending less than a grand ... £400 will get you an entry level hardtail

Simon

ChrisBD

£200 to £400 for a full susser with decent build quality .. is this for real ?

If you want a decent quality full susser dont even think about spending less than a grand ... £400 will get you an entry level hardtail

Simon

Welcome to the forum QuackPot.

Id have to agree with the sentiment here.

Ok, so not everyone has £1k plus so blow on a steed, but whats the justification for a full susser? What will you be using the bike for?

A £400 FS is not going to be much "real" use, and as has been suggested the money would likely be better spent on a good entry level hard tail -

Another option (if FS is the only way) is to look at eBay;

Giant VT2

Kona Kikapu

GT i-Drive 3.0

These are just a few on there; If you look and are carefull you may well come away with a bargain. Ok, they are a few years old, and have someone elses scratches on - but hey, they are all a damed sight better that a DB, better specked, better frames and could handle some upgrades as needed.

Or, as an indication of what your £400 could get you new (if you search) in the hard tail category.......

2009 Kona - SALE

Figure out what you want, what you'll use it for and have a propper scour aboyt 'tinterweb.

hope it helps.

Top Bottom