Need a rear light, but...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MikeW-71

Veteran
It has to fit an aero seatpost properly.

The Defy Advanced has one of these seatposts. All the rear lights I've bought so far have mounts designed to fit round seatposts. They are fine for the alu bike, but I don't see them staying put on the carbon one.

Can anyone recommend a rear light that will mount properly? It doesn't need to be immensely powerful, it's more just to be seen with if I'm taking the carbon bike out at night.

L14M

Über Member
Most you can mod to fit a aero seatpost?

L14M

Über Member
Yeah I agree, are these lights to encase you get caught out or are they going to be for regular night use?
Liam

OP
OP
MikeW-71

MikeW-71

Veteran
I'll test one of my existing ones on the rear triangle. If it doesn't fit I could always get two smaller ones and put them each side...

It's mostly for if I get caught out, but I may want to do proper night rides with it too.

the_mikey

Legendary Member
It has to fit an aero seatpost properly.

The Defy Advanced has one of these seatposts. All the rear lights I've bought so far have mounts designed to fit round seatposts. They are fine for the alu bike, but I don't see them staying put on the carbon one.

Can anyone recommend a rear light that will mount properly? It doesn't need to be immensely powerful, it's more just to be seen with if I'm taking the carbon bike out at night.

Did the bike come with a reflector kit? My giant came with a reflector that fitted around the Vector seatpost, it could be possible to modify the reflector mount, alternatively look for lights with a flexible plastic or stretchy silicone post mount. Exposure flare? Lezyne Zecto drive, or any number of lezyne rear lights have a stretchy silicone seat post mount.

Alternatively, consider a fibreflare light and install it on the seat stays instead?

I have a very small saddle pack under my seat which has a loop for attaching lights on, I use that.

Last edited:

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
image.jpg

Giant sell them . Three modes and very bright . Charges from a USB port in 2 hours and was about £20 - £25 .
It comes with two rubber fittings that slip behind the mount for different size seat posts .

Last edited:
Top Bottom