need advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hmq8

Regular
hi for all
is it easy to learn how to ride bicycle ? how to start? which bicycle good for beginner and for future ? any advice or information ,i do not have any idea .

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
It's not hard, it's just getting used to balancing. Can we assume an adult ?

A hybrid is fairly easy and 'middle of the road/useful type of bike - more sit up, and can do tracks OK and paved surfaces.

Best practice somewhere safe - empty car park, no walls or stuff.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
How easy is it to learn? All I can tell you was when I collected my first bike from the shop aged twelve years I couldn’t ride but by the time id reached home about a mile and a half away I could.
Try to maintain a good pace, going too slowly will make you wobbly and unbalanced.
A hybrid bike would be good for starters or anything with straight bars. What sort of money are you prepared to spend?

Last edited:
hi for all
is it easy to learn how to ride bicycle ? how to start? which bicycle good for beginner and for future ? any advice or information ,i do not have any idea .
It's easiest to start on a balance bike.
Get a bike, take the pedals off and put the saddle down.
Learn to scoot along with your feet.
You will be more unstable with no pedals but keep going.
Once your happy with your balance, steering, brakes, etc then put the pedals back on and saddle up.
Get on and learn how to pedal and to use any gears.

You can now ride a bike ............ ^_^

Sharky

Guru
Watched my grandson learn to ride. We took him to a local park where there were gentle downward slopes. We gave him a little help, but the momentum helped to keep him going and he soon mastered the balance aspect after a few falls.

Being small, he didn't have far to fall and on grass did not hurt himself.

Good luck - will open a whole new world of adventure.

Top Bottom