Need better tyres. 3 punctures in a month during bin strikes!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
My zaffirro just had 3 in the last week,mind you I'm up to 5000 miles this year so far

Sounds about right eh

vickster

Legendary Member
4 seasons are about £40 a tyre now or more aren’t they? I recently got 28mm Rubino pro from Wiggle for £12 each

CXRAndy

Guru
You could go full tubeless. This will eliminate thorn, flint pin prick punctures. Also gives a nice comfy ride.

Next best but equally good for puncture, use your usual tyre with innertube, add 75mil through the removable valve core of tyre sealant. This will give almost the same pin prick protection. It wont stop snake bite punctures. the ride is slightly harsher than tubeless, innertubes do that.

si_c

Guru
Vittoria Zaffiro Pro were my go to for commuting for years, good tyres, easy rolling with good puncture resistance. I now use Bontrager AW2 and Vittoria Rubino Pros on different bikes.

The Armadillos are good tyres but I found them a little heavy and leaden feeling compared to some of the alternatives when I last used them.

froze

Über Member
These look great to be fair

The Armadillos do not have the same degree of flat protection that several Schwalbe models have, but in particular the Marathon Plus, these are so good you can say goodbye to flats which is why Schwalbe claims they're flatless, would I believe that 100%? I don't know, but I have the lessor Marathon Amotion tires that after around 3,800 miles have had zero flats, so I have pretty good faith that the Marathon Plus should be flatless.

Alex321

Veteran
The Armadillos do not have the same degree of flat protection that several Schwalbe models have, but in particular the Marathon Plus, these are so good you can say goodbye to flats which is why Schwalbe claims they're flatless, would I believe that 100%? I don't know, but I have the lessor Marathon Amotion tires that after around 3,800 miles have had zero flats, so I have pretty good faith that the Marathon Plus should be flatless.

I still haven't had a flat on the armadillos. The winter before last I was riding my hybrid on marathon plus. I had one flat in a well over 2000 miles on them.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
A lot also depends on the roads you use, my last couple of miles is on a cycle path covered in grit, glass and general debris off the dual carriageway and you can bet if i have a flat its on that section

Adam4868

Guru
Had a pair of Armadillos on a work bike for two years without the dreaded P word.
They came on the wheels second hand and have rode over anything !
Seem good enough to me

Top Bottom