Need help on choosing a smart trainer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tdcadillac

Hello all,
I have been reading and watching videos from DCR about wheel on smart trainers and I narrow it down to 3 units (Kickr Snap, 4iiii & Saris M2). the kinetic is not available.
For me the accuracy metric at 3% or 5% is not that important however how quite the unit is and how many wattage the unit have are the 2 metrics important to me. I live in an apartment and want to keep the noise to the minimun.
the DCR YouTube video mentioned that the 4iiii doesn't go more than 1000 w but the other units are true to what they claim. I want to buy the 4iiii as it is the quietest but don't want to end up with a below average power unit
Would appreciate if you are a user of any of the 3 models above if you can give me your opinion on how quite they are and if you used the 4iiii to what number the wattage can go to
Thank you

BurningLegs

Veteran
I don’t use any of those, but as a beginner 1000W will be plenty. Lots of experienced good Zwift riders don’t/can’t hit that in a sprint. Do you already know your numbers? Are you a sprinter??

OP
OP
T

tdcadillac

I don’t use any of those, but as a beginner 1000W will be plenty. Lots of experienced good Zwift riders don’t/can’t hit that in a sprint. Do you already know your numbers? Are you a sprinter??
No I don't and I think that makes me below the 1000W. thanks for your feedback

BurningLegs

Veteran
I can’t comment on the trainer in general (will leave that to DCR) but would say that a limitation of 1000W isn’t such a big problem. I’ve been Zwifting for a few years now, and race in A cat (just about!) but top out at approx 750W, so that trainer can take you a long way. I should caveat that I am a lightweight climber rather than sprinter, but just sharing my experiences 🙂

Top Bottom