Need Help Please!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

josh2143

the rear dropout which connects the derailleur has snapped off, i was riding the bike and pressed what i assumed was gear? and then i tightened it back up and while riding tigtened a bit more and wit collided with the wheel and put stress on the drop out and it snapped off,, if that makes sense to you? sorry im bad at explaining,
my question is, is that entirely my fault or the person who adjusted the derailleur? because surely using the things for gears etc should have a limit to how far it can go?
second can i get this replaced? how much generally are we talking?
or do i have to get a whole new frame? thats expensive,
last thing, if you could please inbox me so i can chat to you or more efficiently for me add me on kik? my username is josh21433 help is much appreciated, i have pictures if i can send them on here? and can send on kik too

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Do you mean the derailleur hanger which is a bolt-on piece if ally?

If so £10-20 for the part: depending on the bike model this may take some tracking down. Easy to replace or simply get your LBS to sort it.

OP
OP
J

josh2143

Do you mean the derailleur hanger which is a bolt-on piece if ally?

If so £10-20 for the part: depending on the bike model this may take some tracking down. Easy to replace or simply get your LBS to sort it.

thanks for the reply, i guess its called both because i came across dropout somewhere on the net? but anyway, thats what i thought but then i looked at the bike and it looks to me as if the hanger is mounted on, is that possible? i cant see anything else holding it in place, i hear some places you may be able to get it welded i just want someone to see a picture to get a more accurate answer

OP
OP
J

josh2143

Ok, just like these forums then?

sort of but its more efficient, for sending and receiving, photos, videos and loads of other things, whereas this is sort of like emailing KIK is more live and your able to see when an individual has read your message also, some people use it instead of texting too

OP
OP
J

josh2143

yes, but its more or a 1 on 1 conversation which is better.

OP
OP
J

josh2143

You finding it hard to chat on here then? You seem to be doing fine.
Spokey's helping you out anyway.

as i said, more efficient, easier, I have no trouble doing this as it would be easier if i could use my ipad where i use the app daily and am on it alot

Top Bottom