Need Help Please!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
haha but he understood rougly what i meant based on replies, and as you can he his post just then, he admitted it lol

Hmmm - tbh I think it's a bit rude to come onto a forum to solicit advice and then want to discuss it off forum so to speak.

But then I'm an old git who has failed to adjust to the paradigm of eg people who you are engaged in conversation with suddenly blanking you as they take a phone call without even a word of apology. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
J

josh2143

thanks for you post mat, much appreciated thanks for the help

sorry,, thanks for the post mate**

OP
OP
J

josh2143

Hmmm - tbh I think it's a bit rude to come onto a forum to solicit advice and then want to discuss it off forum so to speak.

But then I'm an old git who has failed to adjust to the paradigm of eg people who you are engaged in conversation with suddenly blanking you as they take a phone call without even a word of apology. :thumbsup:

I know and for that im sorry but im in a rush for the answers and a efficient way would have been better for me but now im getting the help so im happy to stay on this forum,

MaxInc

I don't think you have much choice :smile: I consider myself pretty young in the low 30s but apparently too old for the iPhone generation according to my mid 20s relatives :sad: And I absolutely love my iThings for which I often queue many hours on release day ...

Tim Hall

this is what i assumed but a lad said it shouldnt move,, but there is a limit right, to stop it going into the wheel? if its correctly adjusted
thanks so much for your reply by the way and i thought hanger and droput may have been the same thing? sorry, but i cant see a way on how the
hanger detaches from the frame itself? it seems to be attached although it looks removable, maybe im wrong? it hit the spokes but is that because the derallieur was not adjusted in the correct way?

I'd say removing the countersunk bolt (like you already have in your first picture) and removing the QR skewer, followed by a light bit of persuasion with a hammer should have it free.

It hit the spokes because the lower limit screw was too loose. Tighten it up until it won't change into the biggest sprocket, then back it off a quarter of a turn at a time until it does.

OP
OP
J

josh2143

I'd say removing the countersunk bolt (like you already have in your first picture) and removing the QR skewer, followed by a light bit of persuasion with a hammer should have it free.

It hit the spokes because the lower limit screw was too loose. Tighten it up until it won't change into the biggest sprocket, then back it off a quarter of a turn at a time until it does.

thanks very much you seem to know what your talking about, as i have not any time to attempt this, would you say this i definitely removable? are you 100% sure or how sure are you? i diding try anything major yanking it off i was just pulling it with my hands

Tim Hall

Almost certain it's removable, but I wouldn't put my house on it. A tenner maybe. What model bike is it? The frame looks a bit different from the usual.

OP
OP
J

josh2143

Almost certain it's removable, but I wouldn't put my house on it. A tenner maybe. What model bike is it? The frame looks a bit different from the usual.
The frame is schwinn? I can try taking a pictura and uploading it im on my ipad now but ill find a way

I don't think you have much choice :smile: I consider myself pretty young in the low 30s but apparently too old for the iPhone generation according to my mid 20s relatives :sad: And I absolutely love my iThings for which I often queue many hours on release day ...
Cant stand Apple just marketing ploy, why do you think IBM rules, as for mobile phones, they should be drowned at birth, as you can guess I don't have one, not frightened of them just don't have the need for one, to much information/entertainment when out takes away from the beauty of the world.

MaxInc

Cant stand Apple just marketing ploy, why do you think IBM rules, as for mobile phones, they should be drowned at birth, as you can guess I don't have one, not frightened of them just don't have the need for one, to much information/entertainment when out takes away from the beauty of the world.

You have to give some credit to technology Nigel, a lot of beautiful things today wouldn't be possible without it ;)

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!

Oh no I get the technology and it is wonderful esp' when I think that only 15 years back I wouldn't even be able to reply to you like this. I run large chunks of my life via my lappie and my mobile is invaluable. I live with Mrs SD who is the 'go to' girl at work for software/hardware/stupidity IT issues so I am definitely 'with it'.

I just cannot stand rudeness which to me includes aborting conversations mid-stream just because Justin Bieber has tweeted that he changed his underpants today.

Call me old, call me a fuddy-duddy, call me whatever; I just like politeness.

Top Bottom