need help standing and pedalling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JasonHolder

on youtube. learning to be a gent
Hi guys.
Need help please.
Have a ride friend who pedals like a child when stood up. Imagine a half squat on a bike and pedalling perfrctly still body and bike locked out. No rythym or swing so to speak.

I introduced some drills slowly on a ride, one pedal at bottom coasting and leaning bike opposite. And then at a rolling speed pedal half round and change legs to get used to rolling the bike and the body Adding in afull revolution, whilst rolling the bike gently side to side on pedalling.

It works and then it gets forgotten.
Anyone have any tips to get her standing and putting power down smoothly whilst rolling the bike a tad like normal.
Much appreciated. :smile:

vickster

Legendary Member
Does it matter?

OP
OP
JasonHolder

JasonHolder

Yes morrisman. Its basically a touch more leverage but more rythym really.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Rolling the bike from side to side looks like wasted energy to me, not that I'm an expert.

I've seen pros who roll and some who don't.

Could be it makes little difference and it's more a matter of how you instinctively balance the bike while pedalling standing up.

OP
OP
JasonHolder

JasonHolder

Cheers cyberknight. What is more inefficient is pedalling in a half squat like a 4 year old does. Make sense?

OP
OP
JasonHolder

JasonHolder

Yes maybe its balance

OP
OP
JasonHolder

JasonHolder

Found a better way of describing it. Imagine the pose a second before you Bunny hop. That is it

OP
OP
JasonHolder

JasonHolder

You haven't understood how the person is standing and pedalling. Its a problem

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Rolling the bike from side to side looks like wasted energy to me, not that I'm an expert.

I've seen pros who roll and some who don't.

Could be it makes little difference and it's more a matter of how you instinctively balance the bike while pedalling standing up.
Indeed , as long as it works for you . I used to climb like cadel evans as i liked to use brute force .
Cadel_Evans_Bonn_Deutschlandtour_2005.jpg

Lately i have been trying it ala contador
Alberto-Contador_1927378c.jpg

Both work , it depends on what your body likes to do as long as your efficient who cares unless your mate is in a really silly position !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom