need help standing and pedalling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KneesUp

Guru
[QUOTE 3071584, member: 9609"]I nearly added to my post "apart from stuff like the heart and lungs" as I suspected a bit of sh|t-dippery pedantry.[/QUOTE]

I don't think pointing out the extrapolating anything from an statement that seems to be "this is how the body works apart from some fairly major bits that don't" is pretty meaningless is pedantry.

MikeG

Guru
[QUOTE 3071600, member: 9609"]the proof was in RSI -[/QUOTE]
No, that's not a proof, that's a claim. Proof, or at least good evidence, would be a link to a peer-reviewed paper in which RSI is attributed to sitting down and spinning on a bike. I say again, you made the claim, you back it up.

OP
OP
JasonHolder

JasonHolder

on youtube. learning to be a gent
Now look. I don't need a lecture on how to stay seated, controlling personality, or repetitive injuries for that matter.
I asked a single question, gave a 50/50 description and even made a video. Thanks to the handful of decent responses+copious information given by robert, 3rd party related to topic but very informative all the same. The other 5 pages is merely trash.
I'm on 2 MOD warnings already so I have no idea how a lot of you aren't restricted. If you don't know what the question is or don't know anything about the subject. Then dont reply.
Thanks

MikeG

Guru
Now look. I don't need a lecture on how to stay seated, controlling personality, or repetitive injuries for that matter.........

It's not all about you, Jason. You started the topic, but that's where your control of it ends. The rest of us can carry on with a discussion around the topic if we so choose, and, clearly, that is what we have chosen to do. Perhaps if you didn't feel it necessary to describe other people's views as trash you might be in less trouble with the mods.

OP
OP
JasonHolder

JasonHolder

on youtube. learning to be a gent
That's fair enough. Thank you for taking the time to explain how it works :smile: I'll just accept burnouts advice on the thread loosely related to the topic and problem solved. I think that will instantly make her able to stand and pedal seamlessly.

ayceejay

Guru
Not sure if I have this correct but the question is connected - not to honking on hills but relieving pressure on the derriere - if I am correct why not get your friend to stand on the pedals while free wheeling, on a 100 mile ride there would be many opportunities to do this.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
OK - we've sat down, stood up, gone round in circles and don't really have any clear direction now ... except, perhaps, heading downwards.

Time to Close the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom