need help standing and pedalling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Not sure about a troll . Jason seems quite serious about his training and given his past or present job as a hat model i'm sure you can understand why training is a big deal for him .

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
The vid isn't really clear as you are riding into shadows and then into the sun but , the second one that you want seems to be what i do when grinding up hill or laying off a little to change gear . The first that she is doing is what i do when its not a problem and I'm gaining speed to sit back down or going for a sprint .
Are you both riding the same set up ? She may well just be finding it easy in a better gear and wondering what you are talking about as her legs don't need to that .

OP
OP
JasonHolder

JasonHolder

on youtube. learning to be a gent
Guess so, I think its more down to balance like countless people have said though. She looks to be using her legs to conciously balance as its not fluid and natural yet.
Any good tips to teach balance? We used to do team training where you ride along side and bump handle bars/ push each other about and other such things but its a bit hard core for her me thinks.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I'm not an expert on riding but i am an expert in being new . Tell her to ride up a nasty hill and she will soon be riding upright like you want . I think it may be best for her to suss it out for herself given a hill challenge .

vickster

Legendary Member
And I am not allowed to stand up on the bike at the mo...although I may have been naughty and cheated a few times :blush:

KneesUp

Guru
Haha yes yes very good! ;)
Its a necessity to be actually able to stand though, 100miler fully seated is going to hurt
If she's doing it as per your video (which doesn't look odd) then she is standing.
How many miles out of an average 100 would you reckon to be out of the saddle?

KneesUp

Guru
The whole premise of this thread is, in my opinion, very silly.

Jason - you are asking your friend to do something she isn't that inclined to do, is inefficient and unnecessary, and are nonetheless concerned that she isn't doing the unnecessary and less efficient thing (seemingly) only you want her to do in a style you approve of.

I just don't get your motives.

What's wrong with just riding with your friend and enjoying the ride and the company? Why are you turning it in to some sort of chain-driven drill?

MikeG

Guru
[QUOTE 3070851, member: 9609"]Indeed, I live in a hilly area and have inadequate gears, so you would either get good at standing or get sick of getting off and pushing.............[/QUOTE]...........or you would change your cassette such that you didn't have inadequate gears. £10 or £15.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom