need help standing and pedalling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KneesUp

Guru
She wants to get better and I want her to look Pro as **** as she does, she's keen, even asking me to teach her to track stand and other useful stuff like that.
PS I made sure her saddle bag had an accident to ensure its removal rapido! So getting better definitely

Pro - not like this looser, sitting down like an amateur?

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
She wants to get better and I want her to look Pro as **** as she does, she's keen, even asking me to teach her to track stand and other useful stuff like that.
PS I made sure her saddle bag had an accident to ensure its removal rapido! So getting better definitely
Why would removing a saddle bag make her more pro ?
Yeah i know the pros dont use them but they have a support car , saddle bags are great for tubes, levers, multi tools , house keys etc leaving the jersey pockets room for gilet, phone, energy bars etc .

OP
OP
JasonHolder

JasonHolder

on youtube. learning to be a gent
Haha yes yes very good! ;)
Its a necessity to be actually able to stand though, 100miler fully seated is going to hurt

OP
OP
JasonHolder

JasonHolder

Why would removing a saddle bag make her more pro ?
Yeah i know the pros dont use them but they have a support car , saddle bags are great for tubes, levers, multi tools , house keys etc leaving the jersey pockets room for gilet, phone, energy bars etc .

Appreciatte your input cyber.
How many tyre lever"s" do you need exactly? What ever floats your boat though :smile:

Personally I learnt to do without them growing up so don't need them. For the tough days you have 2 perfectly usable quick releases that work. Depending on design obviously now there's going to be a troll whose gonna bum rush about QRs but whatever :smile:

Last edited:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Risky not riding with a pump though wouldnt you say? How many tyre lever"s" do you need exactly? What ever floats your boat though :smile:

Personally I learnt to do without them growing up so don't need them. For the tough days you have 2 perfectly usable quick releases that work. Depending on design obviously now there's going to be a troll whose gonna bum rush me rather than thank me saving them carrying 6 tyre leavers around in saddle bag.
What ?
I am bemused that you ride hundreds of miles and are not prepared , and yes of course i carry a pump but i was not trying to insult you by statingthe obvious but it seems you delight in insulting others.

KneesUp

Guru
Risky not riding with a pump though wouldnt you say? How many tyre lever"s" do you need exactly? What ever floats your boat though :smile:

Personally I learnt to do without them growing up so don't need them. For the tough days you have 2 perfectly usable quick releases that work. Depending on design obviously now there's going to be a troll whose gonna bum rush me rather than thank me saving them carrying 6 tyre leavers around in saddle bag.

I have ridden 11 miles with a friend who got a flat and neither of us had any tools or money, so we rolled his tyre off and stuffed it as solid as possible with grass. Got him home, although he said it wasn't very comfortable.

screenman

Legendary Member
Jason, you should be able to discuss the points with me. Not just tell me to clear off, if you do not like my posts on our forum report them.

Some as you may have notice like them.

MikeG

Guru
Its a necessity to be actually able to stand though, 100miler fully seated is going to hurt

No it isn't.

My hundred milers are all fully seated. The 105Kkm audax I did at the weekend at 30kph average (18.4mph) was all seated. The only time I ever stand is if I get caught in the wrong gear at a stop I wasn't expecting. I ride faster up hills than guys who stand up. Standing up is just a great way of getting tired legs, and is utterly unnecessary.

screenman

Legendary Member
Jason, you should be able to discuss the points with me. Not just tell me to clear off, if you do not like my posts on our forum report them.

Some as you may have notice like them.
I am not sure there is not some trolling going on here, what do others think.

OP
OP
JasonHolder

JasonHolder

Edited. Didnt mean to be a twit with you. simply cannot help myself after meeting 400bhp and other such characters.

How am I unprepared if I can change a tube without a lever? Or do you mean something else? :smile:

OP
OP
JasonHolder

JasonHolder

Cheers mike. she needs to learn to stand decently I'm afraid. As per my original post

OP
OP
JasonHolder

JasonHolder

Here's a quick video I made. Found it hard enough getting into her mucked up style. Its a much deeper squat than i could do putting all weight onto quads in escense like rob3rt said about sprinter stance. Rather than simply crushing the pedals with body weight and a little bit of quads.
Easier to see on video further down the street
PS yes my stems too short and the BB click is fixed ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom