Need to get saddle back further

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Old timer

Über Member
I`ve sorted one of my bikes out with the correct saddle height and correct pedal spindle position and knee.

Now my Evans! I`ve sorted the saddle height out no problem but with the saddle I want to use the adjustment is back along the rails as far as it will go and I still need to get the saddle back another inch. any ideas?

Thanks

tyred

Legendary Member
I think there are offset seat posts available.

Something like this - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Karbona-KSP-1...Cycling_Parts_Accessories?hash=item3efd7aa2c6, although I would presume more affordable versions are available if you look.

OP
OP
Old timer

Old timer

Über Member
just put the caliper on the tube.

It looks like 25.8mm. It`s on my 20 year old evans MTB. I also measured it with a tape and sure enough it`s around that size. Can that be right? I can`t find even a standard post for that size.

GrahamG

Guru
It's not a Brooks saddle is it? They have ridiculously short rails probably based upon 50-100 year old bike frame geometries.

tyred

Legendary Member
I would be happier measuring a seat post with verniers or even an engineer's steel rule rather than a tape. 0.x mm may not sound like much but it can make a big difference when it comes to seat posts.

If you don't have accurate measuring tools, take the frame to a bike shop and ask them to measure it.

OP
OP
Old timer

Old timer

Über Member
tyred said:
I would be happier measuring a seat post with verniers or even an engineer's steel rule rather than a tape. 0.x mm may not sound like much but it can make a big difference when it comes to seat posts.

If you don't have accurate measuring tools, take the frame to a bike shop and ask them to measure it.

I measured it with an digital caliper so I`m pretty sure it`s about right.

OP
OP
Old timer

Old timer

Über Member
Old timer said:
I measured it with an digital caliper so I`m pretty sure it`s about right.

managed to fit a different saddle that is more or less in line with the measurements( looking forward to a sore bum:laugh:

OP
OP
Old timer

Old timer

Über Member
RecordAceFromNew said:
Am not 100% sure what you are looking for but this comes in different sizes. If that is not it you might want to check the pages in this or similar pages in other major mail order retailers.

Those brackets are exactly what I`m after, I have some in 32mm size(from wiggle or chainreaction) but didn`t see them on SJS, any idea what sie they are?

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Old timer said:
Those brackets are exactly what I`m after, I have some in 32mm size(from wiggle or chainreaction) but didn`t see them on SJS, any idea what sie they are?
Very useful for mudguard fixing, I'm sure, but what has this got to do with seatpost/saddles? :thumbsup: - bit of cross-threading going on?

Top Bottom