need to trim the fleet but which one?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Needs must , i have been hit with a big bill for the roof this month i had to cover and i have decided to sell one of the fleet
I have narrowed it down to a possible 3
1. carrera vanquish disc , this is my main commuter and it had a new rear wheel last month
2, giant tcr retro mod 10 speed 105
3, boardman build tiagra 4700
Obviously in an ideal world i wouldnt sell any but as i currently have 5 bikes i will not miss one

Attachments

• carrera vanquish.jpg
    carrera vanquish.jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_20240406_163518.jpg
    IMG_20240406_163518.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 56
  • 1713640361853.png
    1713640361853.png
    469.4 KB · Views: 56

figbat

Slippery scientist
They looks like overlapping bikes so either sell the one you'll get the most for or the one you prefer the least. Or let the universe decide - put them all up for sale and see which goes first, then pull the others.

Alex321

Veteran
I wouldn't have thought any of them liukely to sell for enough to make much of a dent in a big bill like that :sad:

But the Giant I would guess is likely to make the most, while the Carrera is the one that in your position I would most want to keep.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Of those I'd sell the Giant, but in the current market you may not get anywhere near a decent price. The Boardman has a non-matching fork, so the value is in the parts. And you need the commuter to get to work.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
I'd imagine the Giant is the only one that might solicit interest beyond a utility / beater role, so might have the most value. That said of course prices are on the floor so perhaps a lesser absolute loss would be had from flogging on of the cheaper ones..

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Any guesses at value ?
If we're talking £100 it's not worth it, just put my name down for Sunday work double bubble

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Needs must , i have been hit with a big bill for the roof this month i had to cover and i have decided to sell one of the fleet
I have narrowed it down to a possible 3
1. carrera vanquish disc , this is my main commuter and it had a new rear wheel last month
2, giant tcr retro mod 10 speed 105
3, boardman build tiagra 4700
Obviously in an ideal world i wouldnt sell any but as i currently have 5 bikes i will not miss one

We too have a massive roof bill this month. I am hiding this post from my husband in case he gets ideas! I'm so sorry about your culling.

Top Bottom