Needing cat help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well more accurately kitten help.

As you all know, I've moved to rural Australia. I don't have a cat, or didn't until 3am last night when i was woken by meowing at the bedroom window. It was freezing out and I do mean that. Below zero. This kitten was trying to get in. I went to the kitchen to take some morphine because I was in pain and it followed me to the kitchen trying to get in.

It's not the previous tenants, its too young, or would have been too young to have survived by itself all this time and also us not seen it. we've been here just over a month.

It's behaviour is not feral. Or if it is feral is tame. I haven't fed it but it won't leave me alone. It is literally tripping me up. When i stop it's rubbing is back on my boots or pawing them. usually just tripping me up and getting under my feet. It's at risk of being kicked if I try walking anywhere.

What is it trying to say to me? (other than feed me) it knows what the fridge is, it keeps going there. It is lean but not thin, it's clean, it looks healthy but won't leave me alone or stop meowing.

I've left a note in each of my 5 neighbours letterboxes (well my oh did on his way to work) to see if anyone has lost a kitten. It's too young to be put in freezing temps alone overnight. So we are at a loss as what to do. It too happily comes into the house and is currently sitting meowing at my feet on the kitchen veranda.

Help please.

Right now our instincts tell (Ooooow, is trying to climb up my tracksuit bottoms now and I'm still standing!) it is not feral, and a dump is not really that sensible given where we live... It's now on my knee purring... And licking my hand... Help

And now it's sitting out trying to, on my shoulder e

Last edited:
OP
OP
SatNavSaysStraightOn

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Changed hemispheres!
DSC_0344.JPG

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
@Fab Foodie take your mind out of the gutter

@SatNavSaysStraightOn it looks more than happy and content to me

OP
OP
SatNavSaysStraightOn

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Changed hemispheres!
We can't have a cat. its in the tenancy agreement. so its a no go. But even so, when our visas expire in 2020, what then? And we are both dog people. I was just fed up totally of it trying to climb my legs. It hurts.

It has put a complete halt to all of today's chores. I haven't even managed to get the fire wood in yet. I am literally tripping over it all the time. Only the hoover got rid of it until it was turned off again. I cant even get the rugs in as it is going dark, or get the fire laid.

If we throw it out overnight, when I say neighbours I means miles away - if it is theirs its strayed a long way.... The 5 of us are spread over several thousand hectares.

Chipping, guess it may be. It could be worth trying to put it in a box in the car tomorrow.... mind wanders to lack of car interior afterwards...
RSPCA does exist here (quite a few from the UK do)... I'll have to look into it. Just hoping that one of my neighbours rings.

Sorry, its on the keyboard again...

Top Bottom