Neighbour’s extension

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tin Pot

Guru
Cyclechat for this kind of advice, I know, I know.

Neighbour is doing a kitchen extension which aim okay with. Saw the plans about nine months ago, haven’t objected to the planning permission. Extension means putting foundations on my property then putting the fence back where it was.

Work has started - shouldn’t I have met a surveyor by now?

I would have thought some assurance that they’re doing everything right is required.

U

User6179

Neighbour is doing a kitchen extension which aim okay with. Saw the plans about nine months ago, haven’t objected to the planning permission. Extension means putting foundations on my property then putting the fence back where it was.

I would have thought some assurance that they’re doing everything right is required.

I am in Scotland so does not apply to me but should you not have a party wall agreement in place before building work starts in England?!

Levo-Lon

Guru
I was under the impression they cant do that.
Must be built inside their boundary.
I had too.
Then we both made a double and i have 4 brick skins now on the original kitchen extension party wall.
And standard double for the first floor.

Check drawing and planning

PK99

Legendary Member

For that sort of work I'd be looking to see a formal Party Wall agreement.

U

User6179

If the foundations are in your garden chances are the eaves will also be in your garden.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
the Problem is that foundations are wider than the walls, so if the neighbour builds up to the boundary the foundations should be built in such a way that they do not enter your land.

If you want to build a wall along that boundary you can’t now because the neighbours foundations are in the way.

You need to consult a party wall surveyor asap and the neighbor is obliged to pay his fees.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
They can access your land to dig the foundation trench but the actual foundations should not encroach into your land.

Top Bottom