Neighbour’s extension

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Should be covered in the plans submitted and any amendments.
Builders sticking to plans. :rofl:

keithmac

Guru
Go and post on DiyNot forum but you should have xx NONE xx of their foundation over your boundary.

I'd tell them to stop asap until you sort it out.

It will be a real mess if you try and sell your house in the future, to be fair it may even make it unsellable if solicitors get involved..

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
No you wont be meeting anyone involved but no part of the building should be on you property . Allowing access is just you being a nice person . :bravo:

Levo-Lon

Guru
Go and post on DiyNot forum but you should have xx NONE xx of their foundation over your boundary.

I'd tell them to stop asap until you sort it out.

It will be a real mess if you try and sell your house in the future, to be fair it may even make it unsellable if solicitors get involved..

I post in the garden section as a paving advice giver..good site
I thought I'd seen your name there, i use lonner

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
I have this funny feeling that foundations or footings can be on/under your property.

I’ll do my best to find the source of that. I used to do retaining walls and fences in a past life. I’ll get squirrelling around.

Last edited:

alicat

Legendary Member
Not sure about the minerals therein though? I do own bit of the moon and mars lol

Unfortunately mineral rights get excluded when most land is conveyed.

Enjoy your bit of the moon, Mars and the sun. :sun:

keithmac

Guru
I have this funny feeling that foundations or footings can be on/under your property.

I’ll do my best to find the source of that. I used to do retaining walls and fences in a past life. I’ll get squirrelling around.

I can only see this being the case if a "party wall agreement" had been signed of as said above.

Sounds like it should be nipped in the bud!.

A phone call to Building Control and the Planning office would be my firts port of call in the morning..

pclay

Veteran
As already stated, if their foundations are on your property, what would you do if you wanted to dig a flower bed? You couldn't. I would consult building regs dept of the council and/or a solicitor. Stop the works now, a small delay now is better than a lifetime of regret.

Top Bottom