Neighbour won't collect his parcel - what to do?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
TNT asked me to sign for a box recently for a lad who lives about six houses away from me. No problem, although whatever it is it's massive, 4 foot by 3 foot, and it's blocking my hall way. I wouldn't mind that a bit for a day or two, but it's been two whole weeks now. I don't know this guy to speak to by the way, only by sight.

I've been and knocked on the door when I've seen his car and van arrive of an evening, but he doesn't answer it. I put a letter through the door after a week reminding him he has a parcel, and I've called and text messaged his phone (it's printed on the delivery slip). Nothing. It's now really getting on my tits. What would you do?

I've thought of just leaving it on his doorstep but if anything happens to it, he's bound to be one of those knuckleheads who holds a grudge.

Drago

Legendary Member
Slip a note through his door giving him 48hrs to collect it or you'll take it to the cop shop as lost property.

Kajjal

Guru
Give him a deadline to collect else contact supplier that they can collect from outside your front at their convenience.
The main thing is you give responsibility for the parcel to someone else. I would drop a note through with a deadline saying it will be sent back if this is easy and traceable. Just be sure to take a lot of photos to show it was not been opened, was address to him and it is not damaged.

Who knows what they are up to, not your problem.

Seriously, do you know if the person it's addressed too is him or are you just assuming. It might not be for him and the person it is for is dragging their feet, away or ill.

I've had parcels for neighbours for a week or so myself. Eventually I managed to catch them in the road. I have no idea what goes through peoples head who do this, I'm round straight away, that is if someone has actually left a note. Once, a neighbour who doesn't collect his parcels unless I deliver them, which irritates me, was forgiven all his sins after collaborating with another neighbour to deliver a wrongly addresses parcel meant for me. People are odd.

Milzy

Guru
Reminds me of parents laptop that went to 24 instead of 27 so bloke opened it up and used it. Total scum.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
How very odd. He obviously doesn't want it for whatever reason. Proceeds of crime? Drugs? Give him a deadline as suggested and say you'll take it to the old bill if not collected.

Tin Pot

Guru
TNT asked me to sign for a box recently for a lad who lives about six houses away from me. No problem, although whatever it is it's massive, 4 foot by 3 foot, and it's blocking my hall way. I wouldn't mind that a bit for a day or two, but it's been two whole weeks now. I don't know this guy to speak to by the way, only by sight.

I've been and knocked on the door when I've seen his car and van arrive of an evening, but he doesn't answer it. I put a letter through the door after a week reminding him he has a parcel, and I've called and text messaged his phone (it's printed on the delivery slip). Nothing. It's now really getting on my tits. What would you do?

I've thought of just leaving it on his doorstep but if anything happens to it, he's bound to be one of those knuckleheads who holds a grudge.

Burn them.

Deny all knowledge.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Reminds me of parents laptop that went to 24 instead of 27 so bloke opened it up and used it. Total scum.
How odd.
I had an iPhone delivered to a house no. 29 I live at 129. It took me over a week to find out what happened.
I knocked on the door and an old lady answered and denied having it despite the fact I had a copy of the delivery document.
15 minutes later she knocked on my door with the phone. Her son had told her it could be some sort of scam so she wanted to make sure my story was legitimate.

Top Bottom