Neighbour won't collect his parcel - what to do?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I'd just dump it on his doorstep. You've done everything you can reasonably do

Make sure you take a photo when you leave it there. And don't delete your messages to him telling him to pick it up etc. In fact send him another one saying you've had it a fortnight and you're leaving it on his doorstep tomorrow

classic33

Leg End Member
I'd just dump it on his doorstep. You've done everything you can reasonably do

Make sure you take a photo when you leave it there. And don't delete your messages to him telling him to pick it up etc. In fact send him another one saying you've had it a fortnight and you're leaving it on his doorstep tomorrow
If sending a text, use *02# as a prefix to the message. This gives you a read receipt, showing the text message has been read. If he reads it.

OP
OP
CanucksTraveller

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
[QUOTE 4783188, member: 9609"]I tend to think if you have signed for something you will have some sort of responsibility to it, I wouldn't take something in and sign for it unless I knew the people.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but you know, you try to be the good guy. I could have told TNT to piss off, but I did my bit for community harmony with a seemingly simple gesture, and I'm somehow now the idiot left with a conundrum.

OP
OP
CanucksTraveller

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
[QUOTE 4782971, member: 259"]Can you not get TNT to take it back. I have to sign a few things for our neighbour and they are always time limited.[/QUOTE]
I'm going to try TNT tomorrow.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Its a bike. Ride it like you stole it.

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
If sending a text, use *02# as a prefix to the message. This gives you a read receipt, showing the text message has been read. If he reads it.

AFAIK, there is no such thing as a "read receipt" on SMS. You can get confirmation that a text has been delivered to the recipient's phone, but that doesn't tell you whether or not they have opened/read it.

Tim Hall

AFAIK, there is no such thing as a "read receipt" on SMS. You can get confirmation that a text has been delivered to the recipient's phone, but that doesn't tell you whether or not they have opened/read it.
Send it via Amber Rudd's favourite messaging system, Whatsapp. Two blue ticks mean it's been received and read. This assumes both parties have Whatsapp, obvs.

Top Bottom