neither tour nor an expedition.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andyfromotley

but i would love to go on a cycling holiday with my father in law. Quite like the idea of cycling friendly accom with a mix of guided/self rides. The sort of thing that you see advertised in the back of cycling magazines.

Anyone have any recommendations? I'm thinking spain or france but open to suggestions

ta Andy

Danny

Legendary Member
I have just received the CTC Cycling Holidays brochure which has lots of different options. They offer a mixture of tours and holidays based at a fixed centre.

Prices seem reasonable - for example £825 for a week's full board in a three star hotel in the Dordogne in June.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Hello

Creeping sheepishly back into the forum after a long absence due to stupid business, and shamefaced at lack of cycling since September!

The CTC hols do look good, I looked at the brochure yesterday but was slightly put off by all the old boys with beards.

We went to India with Exodus and they were excellent. Not cheap but very good value for money and we had a blast. There's also a York based company called Discovery Travel who I've never used but they look good and are reasonable!!

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
..must be great to have such a cool relationship with your father in law

Danny

Legendary Member
Cathryn said:
The CTC hols do look good, I looked at the brochure yesterday but was slightly put off by all the old boys with beards.
I had the same reaction. And the women looked pretty similar, even if they didn't all have beards.

Tony

andyfromotley said:
but i would love to go on a cycling holiday with my father in law. Quite like the idea of cycling friendly accom with a mix of guided/self rides. The sort of thing that you see advertised in the back of cycling magazines.

Anyone have any recommendations? I'm thinking spain or france but open to suggestions

ta Andy

Pick a stop on the European Bike Express route, such as Perpignan or Orange. Ask here and elsewhere for route ideas and hotels. Go. Ride, and plan your own routes with a map.
Somewhere like Orange gives you access to Avignon, Arles, Ventoux, the Camargue and a lot of Provence. Perpignan gives you the edge of the Pyrennees, the coastal plain, beaches, Carcassonne.....
Either pick out a single base for pick-up and drop off, or bite the bullet and ride somewhere else.
You don't need an organised group to enjoy it. Just research.

Top Bottom