Neoprene overshoes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
They're good aren't they.

Lovely toasty warm feet today; last week I thought I was getting frostbite even with 3 pairs of socks.

monkeypony

Good? They're bloody fab.

Neoprene overshoes+sealskin socks=warm dry feet in all but the very worst of weather.

yello

I'm a neoprene convert too. I replace my Nike overshoes every couple of years with the same, they get ripped to bits over time but they work.

lanternrouge

when i first saw them i thought they were the most hideous things i'd ever seen (with the exception of anne widdicome on Come Dancing) but i too am a convert. they keep my tootsies warm and dry!

OP
OP
benb

benb

Evidence based cyclist
Like leg warmers. They may make me look like a cross-dresser, but I don't care what I look like, nor what anyone thinks of me, as long as I am warm!

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I'm a neoprene convert too. I replace my Nike overshoes every couple of years with the same, they get ripped to bits over time but they work.

I've been using them for a few winters now... they are generally bu99ered by the end of the winter for me, though... the seam round the holes in the soles tends to separate from the neoprene... even though I'm reet careful with them, like...

GrasB

Veteran
Overshoes in general are rather nice, I have a wide range from thick neoprene, through fleeced windproof, waterproof lycra & eventually just thin normal lycra. They all have their place but the most versatile are the thick neoprene overshoes.

PpPete, very narrow Q cranks with long pedal axles is the only answer for the thicker overshoes.

yello

Mine used to only last a year... but I have winter shoes now so I don't wear overshoes so often!

PpPete: I think one has to just accept that you're going to bugger them and treat them as a consumable item. Mine are a sorry state (much as Fnaar describes above) but still hanging together in the essential places and do the job well enough.

Top Bottom