Nespresso Bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
The point is that on average, you'll end up using more coffee to make a cup of aeropress coffee as compared with a cup of Nespresso. You'll use even less if you use instant coffee.

Coffee production accounts for a major part of the environmental impact of your cup of coffee, so using less is good and may outweigh the waste that you generate by using a pod.

Sorry, I thought it was clear that was the point I was making. More information allows you to make more informed choices no?

Anyhow, I'll withdraw from the thread. Pointing out that things might not be as simple as they appear at first blush is evidently not popular.

I think you'll need to show some data to convince me that a cup of aeropress coffee uses more coffee than a pod that tastes the same strength.
It seems more likely that the pod is just more concentrated, and uses a similar amount of raw coffee beans.

If you are correct, what is the evidence that coffee production is more harmful than sending pods to landfill?

Happy to examine the actual evidence.

Randy Butternubs

Über Member
I think you'll need to show some data to convince me that a cup of aeropress coffee uses more coffee than a pod that tastes the same strength.
It seems more likely that the pod is just more concentrated, and uses a similar amount of raw coffee beans.

If you are correct, what is the evidence that coffee production is more harmful than sending pods to landfill?

Happy to examine the actual evidence.

Yeah, on the few occasions I've used pods I've found they give a pretty small amount of very weak coffee. I've had to use two pods just to get a full cup and it's still weak.

I used to wander into a London bike shop sometimes for a browse as they gave free coffee from a pod thing. And I need my regular strong coffee fixes. I must admit I found the coffee good. But no way would I buy one myself. For several reasons. The things are advertised all over Italian TV with Mr Clooney. I don't know how successful the ads are, but if Italians take to them the country is surely doomed.

The Bialetti by the way is I thing no longer made in Italy - Rumania I think. Pity but such is the way of the world.

Top Bottom