Netherlands tour

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Cathryn said:
Rich P, have an awesome time if I don't remember to say it again!! You know what to eat, on my behalf please. Met Slagroom please.

Slagroom?

Arch

Married to Night Train
ok, I sort of assumed it would be cream, but couldn't make it sound like cream, and I've noticed that a lot of Dutch words, once you get past the odd spelling, sound a bit like the English.

Haitch

Flim Flormally
Arch said:
Am I right, 10 is the best cycling weather, 1 the worst...?

The figure is based on the chance of rain, wind, sunshine, temperature and fog between 8 in the morning and 8 at night. A standard score of 10 is computed for the country as a whole and marks are then deducted for the local probability of rain, wind, cloud, etc. The lowest score is 1.

On the UK map at the moment, the best biking weather is in Scotland with a 10, then Northern Ireland and East Anglia with a 9, etc.

Haitch

Flim Flormally
Can I just put a good word in for broodje haring: raw herring, raw onion, fluffy white bun. Food of the gods.

While I'm putting good words in, go to an Indonesian restaurant if you can (NOT a Chinees-Indisch restaurant, which are pretty much of a muchness with a UK Chinese but generally serve tasteless mush). There are also a few Indonesian takeaways, just make sure it is a proper Indonesian restaurant.

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Sounds good. If I've got this straight, herring rolls, savoury balls, apple cake and trappist beer followed by an Indonesian with slag. I'll have to write it all down!

Haitch

Flim Flormally
rich p said:
Sounds good. If I've got this straight, herring rolls, savoury balls, apple cake and trappist beer followed by an Indonesian with slag. I'll have to write it all down!

No, it's bitter balls. Have you ever enjoyed savoury balls?

Oh, and the slag comes with a room.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I'm insane with jealousy, rich p. I hope to visit again this summer, but it seems a long way off, right now.

Have a great time in Holland.

Tony

slagroom---whipped cream.
Like German schlag (rahm)
If you want your sorta cappuccino topped with whipped cream in Germany, "Mit Schlagobers"

Top Bottom