Never forgetting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
I got divorced in 1987 .
And today my eldest is 31.I don't even know what she looks like .Last seen aged 8 years .

But i will never forget them both .:rofl:

Is it not possible to trace her?

darkstar

This is so sad, genuinely feel for you mate. Please try to get in contact, I'm sure she'll be thinking about you as well.

ChrisKH

Guru
Sorry to hear that.

My brother was the same; got divorced when wife ran off with the Oxford Town Crier and wife made sure that the child testified in court that she (age 8'ish) didn't want to see him again.

He made contact a couple of years back when she was 18/19 and on her way to University. All went well until a couple of weeks later and her mother found out. She effectively made her daughter choose between them both and he hasn't had contact since.

postman said:
I got divorced in 1987 .
And today my eldest is 31.I don't even know what she looks like .Last seen aged 8 years .

But i will never forget them both .:rofl:

You never know, but she could be on facebook. Look her up. I gave my old man a bunch of grief after we reconnected after a few years, but we get on fine now.

upsidedown

Waiting for the great leap forward
Bad one, can't offer any advice but hope things work out ok.

gary r

Guru
the thought of that nearly brings a tear to my eye! my mate has a 10 year old daughter in Australia,he flew out to Sydney for a week to see her & the mother couldnt be bothered to meet him as arranged.He ended up staying in a hotel on his own for a week!!!

It's truly low how some people can use their kids like this. The daughter is probably wondering exactly the same thing...

One of my closest friends has never met her father as he left when she was 10 months old. She's spent ages searching for him, eventually located his address, and is now too chicken to get in touch! I'm sure she will when the time is right though. It's a tricky area. Social workers can be useful to talk to in these situations.

Top Bottom